Lucas Digne

villan-scott

Unlike Targett, Digne chose to fight for his place when Moreno came in, to the extent that Unai made in-game changes at LB.

He's always been judged by the salary that the club chose to offer him, but I'm very glad he didn't leave in the window. He'll have patches of poor form for sure, but he's seems a good character and an integral part of our good league start.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Bit surprised by Watkins there, but I suppose since Kane went to Germany and Toney got caught gambling, the pundits need an English striker to wank over.

Digne has indeed been very good this season. Which is what you’d expect from a player earning 700m dollars a year boom boom tish

But I would like to see Moreno back and those two rotating, or one coming on as an impact sub. They offer slightly different things and I think Emery benefits from having the option

On 01/10/2023 at 08:45, StanBalaban said:

Unlike Targett, Digne chose to fight for his place when Moreno came in, to the extent that Unai made in-game changes at LB.

He's always been judged by the salary that the club chose to offer him, but I'm very glad he didn't leave in the window. He'll have patches of poor form for sure, but he's seems a good character and an integral part of our good league start.

Totally agree. He deserves a lot of credit. Got essentially replaced but then got his head down and worked incredibly hard and he has been immense. Moreno now needs to claim his spot back when we were all just expecting him to stroll back in when he’s fit. It’s exactly what you need to be at the level we want to be. 

• Like 2

Credit to Lucas, he has been important and given his all for the team. Our only fit LB! 😢 

He’s played well but needs to work on and cut out the defensive lapses. We have needed him and he’s really stepped up 👏 

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Credit to Lucas, he has been important and given his all for the team. Our only fit LB! 😢 

He’s played well but needs to work on and cut out the defensive lapses. We have needed him and he’s really stepped up 👏 

He has been good but I have no idea what he was doing with that attempted clearance for Fati's goal.

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

He has been good but I have no idea what he was doing with that attempted clearance for Fati's goal.

He’s not perfect and not a first choice for us when everyone’s available but he has performed admirably for us in a time of need… he’s shown more fight and resilience than expected too

I’m more concerned about his lack of concentration and how he loses his man when defending but the onus is on him to attack more than defend I suppose… fair to say he’s playing his best football for us now, since he joined?

Unai just makes everyone better…

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

This guy deserves some love. He has always worked hard and kept his head down and mouth shut when things haven’t been going well. He has taken his chance this season and really deserves to keep his place on current form. I thought he was great again today up against a very difficult opponent. Kudos to him.

He's been ok. Doing his job.

A lot of our play is built for him to get into great positions to deliver and he does.

I don't think he's exceeding too many expectations.

40 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He's been ok. Doing his job.

A lot of our play is built for him to get into great positions to deliver and he does.

I don't think he's exceeding too many expectations.

The expectation/hope for many, was he would be shipped out, lots of talk about how poor a player he is and accusations that with his pay rate he was essentially stealing from the club. He’s been crucial for us and no more a defensive liability than cash or torres. Anyone can point to instances where a defender misplaces a pass or gets caught out, but to feature as much as he has and to be as consistent is not common, he has objectively outstripped the expectations of many who post in this thread. 

• Thanks 1

I'd say it was his most complete performance i can remember against a 'proper' team.

He's been a great pro hasn't downed tools. He had all the usual  Digne yesterday actually combined with back post "you're going to get walloped in the side of the head" defending.

On 07/10/2023 at 01:18, KentVillan said:

Bit surprised by Watkins there, but I suppose since Kane went to Germany and Toney got caught gambling, the pundits need an English striker to wank over.

going back to this

think its more that ollie is playing better than last year whereas haaland you can argue has dropped off so ollie deserves it more

• Like 1

Â