Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

6 hours ago, TheMightyVillans said:

More match fitness under his belt and increased confidence from a wonder goal. This is when international breaks are good.

Especially in these game with not to much riding on then almost been like a mini pre season for him.

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Class is permanent.

This is absolutely the point.

The things that change are the body and the mind.

Well hopefully with each game his body is getting fitter and with Gerrard and the love he's getting here the mind will heal too.  There is absolutely no reason why we won't get prime Coutinho here.

• Like 1

Can we get him signed up permanently before things get out of control.

An option to buy is great and all, but im pretty worried if he performs well enough, he'll reject the option and go elsewhere

Edited by zak

5 minutes ago, zak said:

An option to buy is great and all, but im pretty worried if he performs well enough, he'll reject the option and go elsewhere

Lets just see what happens.

I don't think the top elite sides will go for him. Being a premier league side and Gerrard as his manager he might want to stay with us if things go well.

His time with huge super clubs at Inter Milan, Barca and Munich has been patchy. Liverpool by far has been his most successful spell so he must like the English style.

Coutinho reminds me slightly of Baggio. The divine ponytail  post Juve did not have the best of times at both Milan clubs, and was at his happiest at smaller clubs at Bologna and Brescia. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

Lets just see what happens.

I don't think the top elite sides will go for him. Being a premier league side and Gerrard as his manager he might want to stay with us if things go well.

His time with huge super clubs at Inter Milan, Barca and Munich has been patchy. Liverpool by far has been his most successful spell so he must like the English style.

Coutinho reminds me slightly of Baggio. The divine ponytail  post Juve did not have the best of times at both Milan clubs, and was at his happiest at smaller clubs at Bologna and Brescia. 

If he plays well the way its looking like he might (yes, i know others have looked same like Jamez) do you think we are his best option. Spurs, West Ham....many other teams playin in Europe may be interested

11 minutes ago, zak said:

He wouldn't risk another move with the World Cup at end of the year. Plus if he does well enough that we want to activate the release clause Barca will want more for him than that release clause. He'd also be too scared of the Stevie stare to say, I'm off to Arsenal mate. Chelsea/City/Liverpool have no interest in him, he will not go outside of England again if he's recaptured his form in the Prem, in Germany and Spain he's not liked it. Maybe a Juventus type bid or Inter again only thing I can see possibly happening. 

He'd not get out of Birmingham alive if he even hinted at a move to United. Gerrard would kill him on the spot. 

1 minute ago, zak said:

If he plays well the way its looking like he might (yes, i know others have looked same like Jamez) do you think we are his best option. Spurs, West Ham....many other teams playin in Europe may be interested

Only he would know. Look he could go to another side. But then they could change the manager, or he won't get picked. Or be playing out of position. At Villa Gerrard is clearly going to build a side around him. He might be a bit fed up being a bit part player after his time at Barca and even on loan at Munich. Its the world cup year, he wants to play every week with a set up that suits him and to be in a happy place. We do tick a lot of boxes. But lets just enjoy the loan and see what happens.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Am I being naive but I thought an option to buy was a simple option at the end of a loan period to make the transfer permanent, with wages and terms having been agreed previously. 

Yes, that is what is usually is, and i'm sure will be in this case as well.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

Only he would know. Look he could go to another side. But then they could change the manager, or he won't get picked. Or be playing out of position. At Villa Gerrard is clearly going to build a side around him. He might be a bit fed up being a bit part player after his time at Barca and even on loan at Munich. Its the world cup year, he wants to play every week with a set up that suits him and to be in a happy place. We do tick a lot of boxes. But lets just enjoy the loan and see what happens.

Yeah he has experienced going to Barca and being another player in a star studded team. Look at Grealish at City, not working out too great because some players thrive at being "THE GUY" in the team. Look at what happened to Fernandes at United after Ronaldo joined, form dipped and as soon as Ronaldo out of the team and he's THE GUY again his form improves. 

I think Gerrard knows this side of the game. No matter what happens he'll be always talking up Coutinho, always being positive knowing that's hoe to get the best out of him. None of his teammates are going to complain that Coutinho gets picked every week even when he has a few off days. 

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

This is how I see it as well. He is our player for the time being and I'm going to enjoy every damn game he's playing for us. I also think that we are ticking a lot of boxes for him right now. He will likely be a guaranteed starter for us, played in his preferred position by a manager that he has played with and respects in front of fans who will sing his name. Also it hasn't exactly been the best experiences for him post-Liverpool at some of Europe's top clubs so he might view us as a breath of fresh air. I mean, we're hella fresh and all.

Â