Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

He scored a good goal, but I think most players in that position would have made that run and it was served on a plate by Moreno and Buendia. Apart fom that I thought he was mostly wasteful in possession, sure he dropped back and collected the ball and made a sideways pass a couple of times, but not much apart from that. Defensively he is so weak and slow. It was mainly his fault that Arsenal was a constant threat on our left. Our right hand side was closed down by McGinn. Feels hard to say but having Coutinho on the pitch is almost like playing 10 against 11. He can come on with 15-20 mins left in some games and start some cup games against lower league opponents, and I'm sure he is good to have around in training, but that's about it.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I hope that goal lets him kick on. I'm not massively hopeful, but there is still undoubted technical ability there that we can utilise until the end of the season. I do think we'll see a parting of ways in the summer though.

On 19/02/2023 at 03:32, paul514 said:

I don't trust him at all, especially defensively.

I don't think we should have to Paul.....Phil is never going to be that player.

We should have a squad/team, where One Phil can be accomodated.......I am not an advocate of accomodating players, but in his case, I am.

He is a unique talent, and if the team is balanced properly, with defensive and offensive players, he alone can be excused......Our problem is, we don't have enough to cover for him.

Phil can thrive, in a balanced team, in our team, he is exposed.

I would not Sell.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

6 minutes ago, YLN said:

Not in the squad. Injured? 

Not in the squad because a Dyche Everton will simply destroy him. Phil is pretty decent in games where the opposition will let you play (as per last week) but in tight, physical games against teams out to lump anything with skill then he is a fly on a windscreen and is rightly not in the team.

• Confused 1

The match commentator yesterday said he was out with a shoulder injury...

Now it's a hamstring...

Neither of which were announced until yesterday...

Is there something else going on here?

Â