Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

3 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

40M to an imposter you say? I may strategically shave my son, squeeze him in my Coutinho top and chance my arm. 

By 'chance my arm', did you mean - risk having it chopped off?!😆

"If that's wot you want, that's what'll 'appen."

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Great signing. We’re levelling up. 

Would love us to announce Kamara soon too. It would be an unbelievable start to the Summer.

Such a big value in getting deals done early too. Full pre season together with the team is huge. Bailey a great example of a player coming in late and never fully getting up to speed. 

Off topic but I feel a big part of Smiths early season struggles was a broken pre season. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nicho said:

Can’t argue for that price, based on what we’ve seen I hope a permanent signing means he’s chosen for certain games rather than play in them all. 

Agreed, I'd be surprised if Gerrard does but I agree. Suppose there is always the possibility that was part of our negotiations

"..from what we've seen:

- only a small number of clubs can afford to take even half his wages off your hands.

- The number of clubs willing to play him even half as often as he wants in order to leave his huge contract with you is even smaller. 

- he isn't the player you signed for €140m and he isn't a 90min, 40 game a season player. He's still going to cost £10m a year in wages, you're going to have to value him as a bit part player to make this make sense for us and we'll sort it out now so you can start rebuilding your own mess Day 1 of the transfer window"

• Like 2

It feels like when Chelsea signed Gullitt. Totally changed the ethoa and draw of the club to other players. Think we'll see more higher profile signings this summer.

It’s great for our profile he wants to join. I know there’s there Gerrard factor but he isn’t the be all and end all. A player like Coutinho wants to join Villa. That’s great news for us. I think he will graft as well. I reckon he could easily get a move to Newcastle if he wanted. He could be their “look we’ve signed Robinho, we mean business” like signing that City made all those years ago. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Initial offers and opening talks at 12 mil. Doesn’t sound quite as done as other reports. 

I’m pretty sure the other reports suggested we just need to agree fee with Barca now. 

I don’t think this doesn’t get done now. Other teams can bid all they like but Coutinho wants to come here and that’s all that really matters. 

The sooner this is concluded the better. Means we go into the Summer with the pull of playing with Coutinho for other players. 

9 hours ago, nick76 said:

League

Grealish 20/21 - 2185 mins, 6 goals, 12 assists

Coutinho 21/22 - 1088 mins, 4 goals, 3 assists

Buendia 21/22 - 1684 mins, 3 goals, 6 assists

Grealish 6 goals 12 assists

Buendia 3 goals 6 assists

Bailey 1 goal 3 assists

Ings 7 goals 6 assists

Purslow:

Replace Grealish in the aggregate

Also Purslow:

giphy.gif?cid=5e21488679znr7poxu3wtpq8oc

• Like 2

My days if we pull this off for the money that's been reported yesterday, I mean who cannot like this. Gone from McCormick, Lansbury and Hogan to name a few to Ings, Coutinho, Chambers and Digne. 

We're defo levels above where we were and I'm confident Gerrard will get a tune out of this Villa side with a few 'ins' and 'outs'

UTV

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

This really raises the profile of the club and helps attract elite level players like him. 

Came to post the same, for the price quoted we can get him in and go shopping for everyone else, worth it for that alone 

The games just started , Barca will try and extract a bigger fee. We can see he would add value to our squad but let's not get to carried away yet, if we do it will play into Barca's hands. Let's use him off the bench until he signs. 

If he scores against Liverpool or city then Barca have a stronger hand 

Â