Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

2 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

The comment Aston Villa don’t do release clauses springs to mind

Got a horrible feeling about this

I think if someone wanted to buy him of us for £100m we'd probably move him on??

It's virtually impossible to not do release clauses on a new contract if the player insists/it's the only way he will sign a new contract?? You have to play ball to secure any value and, in Jack's case we got massive value which has set us up from an ffp perspective for a good while.

I think that quote refers to signing new players.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

If I recall it was a rare Sunday lunchtime game for the time, 25k attendance 

Nov 5th? I remember going to a bonfire with my parents later on that night! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

And indeed the actual official Villa Press Release.  I expect it's all just rumour though.

Let's just get this done now. We love a mercurial talent at VP and this guy is the epitome of that. Even if he is hopeless for most of the game, he has the capability of popping up with an absolute worldie out of nowhere, like he did against Paraguay. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Made In Aston said:

Let's just get this done now. We love a mercurial talent at VP and this guy is the epitome of that. Even if he is hopeless for most of the game, he has the capability of popping up with an absolute worldie out of nowhere, like he did against Paraguay. 

We shouldn't need to wait too long, it is normal that the date be the end of contract date for the option and this date is normally the last day of June

5 hours ago, TomC said:

Highlights of his performance against Paraguay...skip to 2:16 if you just want to see the goal...

His vision, weight of pass, general distribution seem to be getting there, some of his close control is world class and he still has superb shooting ability. There might be a little ring rust left but these internationals are helping Villa out with that. Amazing talent.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

His vision, weight of pass, general distribution seem to be getting there, some of his close control is world class and he still has superb shooting ability. There might be a little ring rust left but these internationals are helping Villa out with that. Amazing talent.

His weighted passes are glorious

7 hours ago, TomC said:

Highlights of his performance against Paraguay...skip to 2:16 if you just want to see the goal...

Looks a bit of a different pace to the Everton game! 

It is 100% about fitness and confidence with this guy. You don't lose the kind of talent he has. 

That goal and this game will help a lot with both of those things. 

• Like 1

Â