Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

11 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

Indeed.  I get the excitement, but this aint the Villa that the owners said they were going to build.   We are recruiting like Everton did a couple of seasons ago.

I do understand the scepticism but this does have to be taken as a one off purchase rather than a fundamental change in recruitment. 

A special player comes available only once in a blue moon, you simply have to take the gamble. 

• Like 3

Top class talent, if he plays to his ability he'll be the best player in a villa shirt for a long long time.

Bit concerned that we're paying probably north of 250k a week for a player and the effect that is going to have on our wage structure. We need consistent European football to pay in that bracket you'd think?

I think James and Coutinho is a lazy comparison, just because one failed doesn't mean to say the other is going to, they're completey different people and players. Would be like signing Hickey and worrying that he might flop because another team signed a teenage Scottish fullback that flopped. How James did at Everton has no bearing whatsoever on how Coutinho will do with us.

• Like 4

Just now, useless said:

I think James and Coutinho is a lazy comparison, just because one failed doesn't mean to say the other is going to, they're completey different people and players. Would be like signing Hickey and worrying that he might flop because another team signed a teenage Scottish fullback that flopped. How James did at Everton has no bearing whatsoever on how Coutinho will do with us.

Of course, but there are similarities and that's why it gets brought up

Thought I'd pop over to BBC Sport to see the reactions.

Pretty much there isn't one, they are still having a huge Newcastle wankfest.

• Like 2

Just now, Phil Silvers said:

BBC report that we will pay less then 50% of his wages with an option to buy, a figure has been quoted and a I doubt this has been made public so it's probably bollox, if he decide to take up the option, Barca will get what they are given and be grateful.

If we can do this deal the right way then I think it can be great. All hinges on the terms thou.

Would hate for us to be getting a suckers deal or the proverbial crayola oblongata from Barca

comb.io - HOMЯ

• Like 1

Just now, KangarooVillan said:

I hope for your sake your dentist wasn’t a Villa fan.

😂 He's a plop fan with a Gerrard picture on the wall.  I tried to give it some banter but delivery was poor due to not being able to feel my face

Whilst I think this loan is a good idea, I think it would be a mistake to exercise that option to buy, unless he is genuinely outstanding and becomes our best player these next 6 months. He'll be 30 by this summer, would most likely still be earning massively more than pretty much anyone else in the squad even with that more than 50% pay cut and realistically, at least one of Buendia, Bailey, Traore, Ings or Watkins might be looking to leave for more game time.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

43 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

I figured you would appreciate this Twitter thread @CVByrne

Don’t know who he is, nor do I speak Spanish but he does a great analysis of what Coutinhos contract numbers mean for Barca and their books. And I guess how it would effect us as well now that we’ve loaned him.

Yeah that's about Barca and how they register Torres now etc..

2 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Superficial similarities arguably. And there're a lot of differences too. 

4 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

both are south american footballers in attacking positions?

What other similarities are there?

Â