Premier League relegation battle

useless

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

Burnley have a great run. They play us twice FFS. 

Yep, we’re on the beach already.

Everton are in big trouble. I’ll be shocked to see them go down, usually a big team circles the drain a bit first. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

Everton are in big trouble. I’ll be shocked to see them go down, usually a big team circles the drain a bit first. 

That's the different to us and others. Leeds nearly went down in 2002/03 and then sold anything decent that moved and went down the following season. Newcastle stayed up on last day of 2014/15 season before going down with us the next season.

Us and Sunderland were surviving through skin of our teeth for 4-5 seasons before finally bottoming out and finishing rock bottom.

Everton with largely same side were top 6/7 for most of last season before ending badly and finishing 10th. Think last serious relegation scrap they had was 03/04 season so yes would be a relegation from pretty much nowhere as badly as they're run.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Genie said:

i have no idea how we could be on the beach yet, if Burnley & Everton got a couple of wins, we would be right in the proverbial....

12 hours ago, bobzy said:

Interesting how things play out, eh?!

Definitely not an upswing in form I saw coming with that team! 

They had held Wolves and Southampton to draws away (and also got a draw against West Ham earlier in the season), and you'd have to think them at home would be results Dyche would have also been targeting something from too, but it's looking like a very astute decision.

Watford and us next :( 

Hopefully Leeds lose tonight which ramps up the pressure on them given their next 2 fixtures. I’d much rather them or Everton went down but I think we’ll do both of them a massive favour by taking 4 points off Burnley.

Wi

19 minutes ago, Robbie09 said:

Hopefully Leeds lose tonight which ramps up the pressure on them given their next 2 fixtures. I’d much rather them or Everton went down but I think we’ll do both of them a massive favour by taking 4 points off Burnley.

Winnable game for leeds tonight. Can see leeds winning tbh

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Wi

Winnable game for leeds tonight. Can see leeds winning tbh

Is it? Palace last two home games have been 3-0 win over Arsenal and 0-0 with Man. City. Also beat Everton 4-0 in the cup so not like they're on the beach at all.

Leeds will do well to pick up a point imo.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Is it? Palace last two home games have been 3-0 win over Arsenal and 0-0 with Man. City. Also beat Everton 4-0 in the cup so not like they're on the beach at all.

Leeds will do well to pick up a point imo.

they're also coming off the back of three consecutive losses against Leicester, Chelsea and Newcastle so their current form is not fantastic. I think Leeds have a shot but I kinda want them to get smashed anyways.

Edited by osmark86

50 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Southampton with an outside chance of going down.

That would entail saints getting no more points and Everton picking up twelve.

Leeds are a better bet than Southampton.

• Like 1