Premier League relegation battle

useless

52 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

No doubt we will gift Burnley the points they need. 

Everton are only heading in one direction and appear to have no fight in them. I expect at least one of the bottom three to overtake them. 

Yeah, lucky for Burnley they have us to play twice in the run in.

We virtually guarantee them 3-4 points in our 2 games.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Yeah, lucky for Burnley they have us to play twice in the run in.

We virtually guarantee them 3-4 points in our 2 games.

Norwich on the weekend as well

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I still think the current bottom 3 will go down, but it will be great to see Leeds and Newcastle dragged back into it. That only really happens though if Watford win a couple of games. Without looking, I think Watford have the easiest run in - their game against Leeds is massive at the weekend. If they win that, it gets a little bit more tasty.

I think Everton will just scrape survival. 

Who are Everton actually beating in this run in out of interest? You do realise they're playing Liverpool away in about two weeks! Got Arsenal away last day. Got Man. United and Chelsea still at home. Even Leicester home and away with Vardy back is very tough with the state their defence is in. That's 6 of their last 9 and they need three wins minimum.

I'd say to anyone who thinks they will stop up, put a tenner on them to win every game left and with some of the odds bookies will be putting up you probably will have enough to afford a season ticket next season, they'll be 10/1 shots to win at Anfield for example.

Whereas you could easily see Burnley grinding out a 0-1 win at Norwich, 1-0 win at home to us, Southampton, 0-0 at Villa park etc.

• Like 2

Did the predictor and had Everton down (37 points) with Watford and Norwich.

Had them winning Leicester at home (will be Leicester's fifth game in 14 days by the time that ones played) beating Watford (A) and Brentford and Palace (both at home against sides on the beach).

I had them losing their other 5 games!

I had Burnley winning 4 (Norwich A, Soton H,  Watford A, Newcastle H) drawing 2  (us and Wolves at Turf Moor) and losing 3  (us at VP, West Ham and Spurs) of their last 9. 38 points!

Would mean Leeds needing 8 from 8. Unfortunately I think they will get them from their 4 "easier" games - Watford & Palace up next and Brentford & Brighton. If they lost the first two though it could get very interesting.🙏

None of this will happen though you watch... Everton will turn over Man U next and Norwich will batter Burnley 😅

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Who are Everton actually beating in this run in out of interest? You do realise they're playing Liverpool away in about two weeks! Got Arsenal away last day. Got Man. United and Chelsea still at home. Even Leicester home and away with Vardy back is very tough with the state their defence is in. That's 6 of their last 9 and they need three wins minimum.

I'd say to anyone who thinks they will stop up, put a tenner on them to win every game left and with some of the odds bookies will be putting up you probably will have enough to afford a season ticket next season, they'll be 10/1 shots to win at Anfield for example.

Whereas you could easily see Burnley grinding out a 0-1 win at Norwich, 1-0 win at home to us, Southampton, 0-0 at Villa park etc.

Yes I cant see everton staying up now. The united game is massive but as bad as they are its difficult to see Everton beating them and I agree Burnley should win at Norwich. 

Pretty boring day for the relegation battle, Leeds now look safe, Watford now verging on need a 'great escape' to stay up, and Everton win as well to give themselves a better chance. Need Burnley to win tomorrow to keep interesting between them and Everton.

1 minute ago, useless said:

Pretty boring day for the relegation battle, Leeds now look safe, Watford now verging on need a 'great escape' to stay up, and Everton win as well to give themselves a better chance. Need Burnley to win tomorrow to keep interesting between them and Everton.

Burnely currently on 24, so factor in the minimum 4 we'll gift them, plus a win tomorrow, and they'll likely need 4 points from any of their remaining 6 to stay up

On 07/04/2022 at 13:45, WakefieldVillan said:

None of this will happen though you watch... Everton will turn over Man U next and Norwich will batter Burnley 😅

50% correct so far

• Haha 1

I'm seeing a lot of comments about how we're destined to gift Burnley four points, as if they have some sort of jinx over us, but we've lost to them just twice in the last ten games, and they were a much better team in previous seasons, we really should be beating them both home and away.

Still annoyed that we gifted six points to shit like Watford. Good **** riddance and take Elton with ya.

words removed.

• Like 3

so it looks like its Norwich, Watford and one from Burnley or Everton.

Looks like it probably wont be Everton after that Manure win, unless Burnley can do something special, which is highly plausible, as they still have to play us twice.

7 hours ago, useless said:

I'm seeing a lot of comments about how we're destined to gift Burnley four points, as if they have some sort of jinx over us, but we've lost to them just twice in the last ten games, and they were a much better team in previous seasons, we really should be beating them both home and away.

Pretty sure our win at Turf Moor on NYD 2020 was our first win there in 50 years or something mad.

They do o.k at VP aswell, miraculous 0-0 last season when we battered them, 2-2 in 2019 and also won 1-0 on last day of 2015 season.

I actually think we'll beat them reasonably comfortably at VP (if we get an early goal) but Turf Moor game feels like another frustrating loss with last season's one still fresh in the mind when we somehow lost. At least Wood isn't around anymore as we could never deal with him in Burnley's gameplan.

2 minutes ago, useless said:

If they win their two games in hand and beat us twice they will be on the same points as us.

That’d equal the total games they’ve won in the entire season so far

4 minutes ago, useless said:

If they win their two games in hand and beat us twice they will be on the same points as us.

Luckily we've got Norwich at home before some of those games. Gerrard should be sacked if we contrive to lose that one.

Will be a strange day that, Dean will probably get hero's reception when he walks out and probably relegated by final whistle.

Edit: Their away game with us is actually one of their games in hand. Or perhaps not given we've played two more.

Safe to say Gerrard really shouldn't be here next season if we get to May and are seriously worried about the current 18th team overtaking us.

Edited by VillaChris

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Luckily we've got Norwich at home before some of those games. Gerrard should be sacked if we contrive to lose that one.

Will be a strange day that, Dean will probably get hero's reception when he walks out and probably relegated by final whistle.

Edit: Their away game with us is actually one of their games in hand.

Norwich can’t mathematically be relegated the day we play them - they’ll have 18pts to play for and be a maximum of 16 from safety

• Thanks 1

Burnley's games against us have no bearing on the fact that they also have two games in hand over us, for instance if we were to play them home and away in our next two fixtures, after those games they would still have two more games to play than us, we would be on thirty three played and they would be on thirty one played, so if they were to beat us in both they would be on thirty points whilst we would be on thirty six points and they would still have their games in hand.