Premier League relegation battle

useless

Clubs in a relegation fight often start picking up results and this season is no different. A few months ago, people were saying teams would stay up with lower points than ever, 32 could be enough.

Now it’s starting to look the opposite, more points could be needed than in years. Burnley, Everton and Leeds have better form than most in the league and maybe Southampton should worry.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mantis said:

Current odds to go down on SkyBet:

Leeds - 2.38/1

Everton - 2.75/1

Burnley - 3/1

Southampton - 151/1

Brentford 501/1

Us - 1,001/1

You’ve added 1 to all of these, or written the decimal odds as the numerator of the fractions. You’d never see odds like 501/1 or 1,001/1.

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Let me guess who that weirdo supports....

Fack me is he really just tweeting after every match working out more bizarre combinations to see us relegated?!🤣

Wonder what his toktik vids are like...

He's an attention seeking clearing in the woods. Best to just ignore him.

• Like 1

My point of view is, prefer Leeds to **** off back where they belong. If Burnley staying up entails any wins against us they can go instead. 

• Like 2

Just been on a dirty Leeds fans forum and they aren't exactly too grateful to us today; in fact still one or two piss taking comments about us diving all over the place. 

So....for that reason, I would love it if they fell through the trap door.

Love it !

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Just been on a dirty Leeds fans forum and they aren't exactly too grateful to us today; in fact still one or two piss taking comments about us diving all over the place. 

So....for that reason, I would love it if they fell through the trap door.

Love it !

Where's this diving thing actually come from? I guess Grealish but he's been gone nearly a year and not like we get high number of penalties from any diving compared to say Palace and Zaha. And Luke Ayling did one of the worst dives I've seen last season.

Bizarre, we've just deprived Burnley in a game they'd have been targeting at least a draw from and seems Leeds would rather we'd have lost.🤣

Have to think Everton will get at least one win in next 7 days so think relegation is really between Leeds and Burnley now. I'd still just favour Burnley but it will obviously go last day.

• Like 1

Leeds fans have been talking as if their fate is in our hands because we play Burnley twice, would be funny if we beat them both times but Leeds still went down. One positive that Burnley can take from today's game is that they didn't actually play badly, so today's defeat shouldn't be too demoralising for them, they've got Spurs away next but they're the kind of team that can get random results in fixtures like that.

Burnley's problem will be injuries I think. If Tarkowski can't make it back before end of the season their backline isn't that great at all when tested and they had little on the bench to change things given Jay Rodriguez and Vydra were both out.

Can't blame Jackson though, well over a point a game still and I doubt an experienced manager would've done any better so far.

On 01/05/2022 at 18:37, mottaloo said:

There's a small heathan on twitter who is just as obsessed. Think he's called blueswilly or similar.

Whats he saying tonight?! :D

Southampton are appalling at the moment. Probably got enough points though.

Ralph to be sacked in the summer?

16 minutes ago, Xela said:

Whats he saying tonight?! :D

Oh I can't be arsed to check but it's probably about necking a few in town and then copping off with Polly in Mr Egg at 2am.

Mate.

• Haha 2

Everton on paper have a few winnable games but as we showed today, even teams that don't have much to play for can quite easily roll over relegation stragglers fighting for their lives.