Premier League relegation battle

useless

Have Burnley actually undergone any tactical change since Dyche getting the boot or are they just doing what they've done for 10 years and now picked up a few results?
Genuine question I avoid them like the plague, I seem to recall them having spurts of results like this over the years to get out of danger. Admittedly not so late in the season, but may be wrong there.

My initial reaction was sacking Dyche was ridiculous and I'm still not really moved on that but if they stay up I guess they won't care. Although good luck finding another manager to keep you in the Premier League for 10 years with an average spend of £8.5M a year, the guy was a **** magician.

Edited by penguin

4 minutes ago, penguin said:

Have Burnley actually undergone any tactical change since Dyche getting the boot or are they just doing what they've done for 10 years and now picked up a few results?
Genuine question I avoid them like the plague, I seem to recall them having spurts of results like this over the years to get out of danger. Admittedly not so late in the season, but may be wrong there.

My initial reaction was sacking Dyche was ridiculous and I'm still not really moved on that but if they stay up I guess they won't care. Although good luck finding another manager to keep you in the Premier League for 10 years with an average spend of £8.5M a year, the guy was a **** magician.

I honestly think this "Burnley know how to stay up" stuff may be a sort of self-fulfilling prophecy. Almost everyone regards them as this mystical, non-relegatable team and that may have an impact on player confidence.

Edited by Mantis

1 hour ago, ferguson1 said:

I will chuffed if either Everton or Leeds drop now. 

I'd like Leeds to go. 

Genuinely dislikable from players to fans. 

• Like 2

Admittedly they have two games in hand but Everton look cut off at the moment. Can’t see them picking up anything against Chelsea tomorrow. Maybe they’ll pick up a point at Leicester next week.

Watford, Brentford and Palace - they have to be winning at least two of those before their last match against Arsenal.

• Like 2

Mental run from Burnley, and of course we’d have the luck to not have played them at all whilst they were shite for most of the season!

Everton fans must be bricking it, at least when we went down it had been on the cards for years and was clearly evident in the relegation season itself before Christmas.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, penguin said:

Since Dyche was sacked Jack Cork has started every single game. Nothing fussy about him but he does a solid job infront of the back just sweeping up and huge goal that will probably be today. Eternal bench warmer under Dyche and so was Dwight McNeill in his last few months which was a bizarre one considering he can get Burnley up the pitch so think it was just a case Dyche had got too set in his ways with team selection and this Jackson guy has given a clean slate.

Not like Weghorst has even hit any form so generally the old guard still getting them over the line.

• Like 1

i think, best case scenario for Everton would be beating Watford, Palace & Brentford, losing to Chelsea, Leicester, Arsenal.

So 9 points, best case scenario, taking them to 38 points.

So Leeds & Burnley need 2 wins in their last 4 to be safe, 100% i think, on 39 points.

I admit though, that the safety line will probably be lower than 39.

2 hours ago, Xela said:

I'd like Leeds to go. 

Genuinely dislikable from players to fans. 

I've grown to like Everton recently but I think that's because we've beaten them so often in recent years. Its probably better for villa for them to go.down though as leeds and Burnley likely wont be competing with us next season. If Everton turn it around they could be a top.half challenger again in.the coming years.

Wild how it basically all comes down to us now. If we end up losing twice to Burnley I'd be pretty pissed off at us if I were a Burnley fan, especially after we turned them over twice with relative ease.

• Like 1