Premier League relegation battle

useless

All it would take is for Burnley to beat Wolves at home this weekend and Leeds to lose away to Palace and then they'd suddenly be just four points above the relegation zone with their next three fixtures being Man City, Arsenal, and Chelsea. They should be safe, but could easily find themselves in a position where they could still be in trouble going into their final two games against Brighton and Brentford and when those two are on form they're not exactly easy to get wins from.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Leeds run in worth a look tbh, 33 points and the worst GD of between 16-18th by some distance. Got to play all of Man. City, Arsenal and Chelsea all in next few weeks. They really need something at Palace on Monday tbh.

They will beat Palace and Brighton. That will be enough I think. 

Burnley could climb out of the bottom three with a win, even a draw would be enough as would go above Everton on goal difference. But Wolves have one of the best away records in the league, so won't be easy.

• Like 1

Leeds only four points clear now, Palace away tomorrow won't be easy, then they have to play Man City, Arsenal, and Chelsea. If Everton were to get a surprise win today, then they Leeds, would only be two points off the drop zone.

Today’s the first time I really think it’s gonna be Everton.

Before I’ve been more “Yeah, they’ll cut it close but they’ll just about make it over the line”. Now if I was to wager, it would be on them.

I reckon Burnley will pick up at least another six points, I can’t see Everton winning three more games.

Just now, StewieGriffin said:

Id much rather have Burnley's fixtures than Everton's

Yeah, if we can get three points against Norwich then our players will be totally on the beach for two of Burnley's remaining matches. 

The trouble for Everton and their run in is that two of their so called more winnable games, Leicester and Watford, are away from home, and they've only won one away game all season and that was back in August.

But Burnley still have work to do, I still feel like Watford next weekend is a must win for them, as after that all they have left is us twice, Spurs and Newcastle, we've been out of form but have shown that we're more than capable of beating teams around and below us, they will be second favorites of course against Spurs, and Newcastle they will hoping with nothing to play for will be an easier game on the last day.

If Leeds lose tomorrow then they're still in danger as well.

• Like 1

On 15/04/2022 at 10:33, icouldtelltheworld said:

Looks as though Burnley have sacked Dyche. Crazy decision if so, that's them down

On 15/04/2022 at 10:36, Davkaus said:

They've confirmed it. Absolute insanity.

On 15/04/2022 at 10:38, JPJCB said:

What?! That’s mad by them. If you were gonna sack him you’d need to do it *before* the relegation scrap, not during it when he’s the perfect man for the job 

On 15/04/2022 at 12:14, blandy said:

Agreed. Burnley’s problems are all due to a limited budget and squad having to compete against better resourced clubs and teams. Their coaching and management is/was the thing that gave them half a chance each season. But I guess they think “what have we got to lose, we’re **** anyway”

Interesting how things play out, eh?!