Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Chelsea

limpid

Match Polls  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/12/21 at 17:30

Positives are that the only chances conceded were our own doing. Looked dangerous but lacking cutting edge up top...Bert is back though so we have options now. Nice break before Brentford which I'd want 3 pts from 

Terrible. We seem to rely on individual moments for our goals.

No plan - no tactics - started with 0 wide players - then brought 3 on in 15 minutes.

If there's a plan here - I can't see it.

Sure reasonable points return so far - but really not sure where we are going here.

1 minute ago, osmark86 said:

good first half, atrocious second half.

gave away two stupid pens that killed the game for us.

no shots on target though so can't really argue that we deserved anything from that at all.

fair result imo and we need to be better than this.

We had at least one on target as chuk had a shot saved by Mendy.  I think AEG did too

Played Ok, created chances but didn't finish them off, then ran out of ideas and creativity

I think we just saw the difference between a middle of the league team and a top 6 team, it cant all be achieved by just hard work. We also need players in the same category as they have 

• Like 1

Gutted.

First half, we held our own and played some lovely stuff. Final third decision making though was very poor at times. Cash brain fart meant we didn’t go in winning at half-time.

Second half, poor but Lukaku made the difference. Mings seemed scared every time Lukaku went near the ball.

Ings/Watkins on the pitch together, just no.

Sanson a positive.

Edited by ferguson1

We need the Watkins from last season not this version of him...dont know whats wrong with him this season, even when Ings went off.

I didnt think I'd say this after buying Bailey and Buendia even though we lost Jack but we just dont create real chances anymore very often.  our first shot on target was El Ghazi in 79 minute.

Did like the look of Traore when he came on.

We need to up the creativity though

1 minute ago, LondonVillian said:

Buendía fan club getting tiresome - another poor game. 

Did 1 good pass in the game and people getting wet. 

Gave it away every other pass and tantrums constantly. 

We made chelsea look good with abysmal attacking decision making 

it's not a fan club, we're probably just a little more patient and also see that all he does isn't pure shit.

that being said, he wasn't good today overall.

• Like 2

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

Played fairly well against a team fighting Man City for the league title. 3 mistakes ultimately cost us, plus the massive difference in talent. Without Gerrard and McGinn to boot. Not sure why anyone would be up in arms about the loss, but to each their own.

Because Chelsea played terrible and we opened them up enough times to win the game - all their chances were from errors too. 

Just now, nick76 said:

We need to up the creativity though

We created a tonne. The lack of shots on goal was down to ridiculously poor decision making when in front of goal. We shot at least 5 times at the first defender, instead of passing, or an earlier shot.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, flashingqwerty said:

We had at least one on target as chuk had a shot saved by Mendy.  I think AEG did too

yeah I realized that after I typed it. however both those shots I could have saved and my point was more towards that.

Â