Michael Beale

maqroll

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Blackburn and QPR in for him now.

Him leaving at this point cannot possibly be a good thing.

No need to worry since we'll get Jamie Carragher in to replace him. :D

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, MSvillain said:

That may well be the Birmingham Mail's first scoop in 6 years.

Beale is very likely paid very handsomely as a number two, probably more handsomely that Blackburn or QPR would be able to pay their manager positions. I guess it is whether Beale fancies himself as a manager or not. And those two clubs aren't exactly going to be pulling up trees next season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

That may well be the Birmingham Mail's first scoop in 6 years.

Beale is very likely paid very handsomely as a number two, probably more handsomely that Blackburn or QPR would be able to pay their manager positions. I guess it is whether Beale fancies himself as a manager or not. And those two clubs aren't exactly going to be pulling up trees next season.

£600k a year apparently.

Nice work if you can get it!

Wonder about a Championship boss salary actually. Probably about £600k for Luton level, up to £2.5m for Steve Bruce.

Hope Beale stays.

30 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Seen a good point someone made re this…it might be better for him to play the long game. If we do well and Gerrard gets the Liverpool gig, he may get offered the head coach role with us. 

That would be a very long game.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

Seen a good point someone made re this…it might be better for him to play the long game. If we do well and Gerrard gets the Liverpool gig, he may get offered the head coach role with us. 

fair enough but if we dont do well he might never get a Championship opportunity again

Its a tough one

Beale is extremely highly regarded. He’s pretty much guaranteed championship job offers. Issue will be if/when one of the relegated clubs come for him due to their relative financial strength in the championship, assuming they didn’t bet the house on staying up, would be a clever move for him.

Burnley will be in financial meltdown, Watford I imagine are a hard no due to the owners and Norwich will have smith long term you suspect so no obvious candidates this year. 

Next year will be interesting and even more reason to go big and secure European football. 

8 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

Beale is extremely highly regarded. He’s pretty much guaranteed championship job offers. Issue will be if/when one of the relegated clubs come for him due to their relative financial strength in the championship, assuming they didn’t bet the house on staying up, would be a clever move for him.

Burnley will be in financial meltdown, Watford I imagine are a hard no due to the owners and Norwich will have smith long term you suspect so no obvious candidates this year. 

Next year will be interesting and even more reason to go big and secure European football. 

Is that likely with no managerial experience. I suppose if we do very well... But his high regard is largely as a youth coach and a first team coach in Scotland. I don't see teams in Championship that can attract decent, proven managers (even from League 1) taking that punt. 

4 hours ago, Dale said:

Is that likely with no managerial experience. I suppose if we do very well... But his high regard is largely as a youth coach and a first team coach in Scotland. I don't see teams in Championship that can attract decent, proven managers (even from League 1) taking that punt. 

There’s a big difference between being a head coach/manager and being just a coach, regardless of how good you are as a coach. Anyway it seems to be that he’s staying now. I think if he has ambitions to go then then the club would’ve have known by now and would always have plans in place if key personnel leave. 

Â