Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

I think people wrote him off too early after that run of 4 defeats. Lots of talk about us barely managing to get another point this season yet since then we've got 7 in 3 games.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I agree that Gerrard has shown strengths and weaknesses since he joined, and i think this summer will be huge in terms of improvements/transfers (i hope), but just look at this table showing our last 3 years PL points performance.

Looking at where we were points wise after game 11, i think he has...overall.....done a decent job.

We are currently 5 points behind last years points total (in the same game time frame), thats not too bad considering that after 11 games, we were 1 point worse off than our near relegation year.

image.png.50da91e58f3ac7c6799489980d465aa8.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Playing CBs in midfield. Tell me your from the Mcleish management school without telling me you're from the Mcleish management school.

9019AAB9-F307-4541-A602-326F6983B15D.gif.26fa79ce95382c787109b0b00d43afde.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It was decent today - the kind of result we should be getting against a team like Burnley though tbf, as our squad is so much stronger than theirs. 

I was happy with the changes he made; glad to see Chambers tried out at CDM, Buendia back in the team, Watkins and Ings together again and also to see Carney get some game time. 

Positive stuff - more of the same please, Steven. 

• Like 1

Made some excellent changes to the line up today.  Starting Buendia and bringing Coutinho off the bench away from home is a wise policy imo, even if it carries the risk of not convincing Coutinho to stay (I hope he does though).  Importantly I doubt Burnley prepared all week to face us set up like that which gave us an edge.

18 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Anyone got that "since Gerrard took over" PL table handy? It should show up the naysayers.

They aren't interested in facts. 

We're still a very feast or famine team but hopefully after a summer transfer window and a few additions, we can add consistency to our game. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Not sure if people realised this, but we actually played multiple shapes and were quite fluid in all of them today.

Encouraging.

ToO NaRRow mATe!!!

22 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Anyone got that "since Gerrard took over" PL table handy? It should show up the naysayers.

Not really - we've starting looking better recently but let's not pretend that we're doing as well as we could or perhaps should be. We need to finish strongly and if we can beat Palace and Burnley while battling encouragingly against Liverpool and Citeh, that'll do. 

• Like 1

Â