Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

49 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Probably a bit of both, SG did build the squad though.  Maybe we should have hired GvB 🤣 

Should’ve hired both of them to cover all bases 😂

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Probably a bit of both, SG did build the squad though.  Maybe we should have hired GvB 🤣 

Would've been more of a coup. Greater managerial pedigree and if he pulls of the Europa League victory he will have achieved something truly remarkable, knocking out some quality teams along the way. Are Rangers fans missing Gerrard, I doubt it, they're on the cusp of a generational success! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

I wonder does SG regret leaving Rangers for us, seeing as the team he's built is now in a Euro final.

Doubt it. He'll be loving back in the PL.

• Like 1

Watching SG press conference and i can tell by his body language that he is not satisfied with where we are.

I know whilst he was watching the Rangers game last night a part of him was thinking this is where Villa needs to be.

I think he will begin to be more ruthless with the players at his disposal and really throw the kitchen sink at this transfer window.

I just hope it is the right players.

The honeymoon period is over, he doesn't like mediocrity and hopefully we will see that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Watching SG press conference and i can tell by his body language that he is not satisfied with where we are.

I know whilst he was watching the Rangers game last night a part of him was thinking this is where Villa needs to be.

I think he will begin to be more ruthless with the players at his disposal and really throw the kitchen sink at this transfer window.

The honeymoon period is over, he doesn't like mediocrity and hopefully we will see that.

We can only hope! He’s obviously not going to be currently happy, now we will see if he has the ability to change it.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

More importantly though, how was his charisma?

13 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Personally, I'm wondering if there is a nuance between arrogance and self confidence? 

Nobody seems to have raised this.

I said it in am earlier Post Brin (wed 17.11)....2 minds think alike.

Just now, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Damn right, some haven't even given him a chance!

Next season will be key to his success or failure here, and I think once we get some players in who are mentally stronger we will be a better team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, hippo said:

Hired Phil Roscoe - in the first of what imo will be a lot of changes in the backroom reserve / U23 Set up.

Guess which club he's from ?

Tranmere Rovers.?

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Tom13 said:

I'm surprised he didn't snap at the question which stated we're only not in a fight because of the new manager bounce when he came in 😂

I think the journo wanted a reaction but didn’t get one. SG looked mildly irritated but answered calmly.

• Like 1

Â