Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

Dusted off the game plan from the 2-0 home win. Nice and compact, let the midfield contest the midfield. Still don't like how extremely narrow we are in transition but baby steps and all that. Good win. 

• Like 1

Not an amazing performance by any means - Brighton were awful - but we looked a lot less open and easily deserved the win. 

I said before this game if we don't make and changes in formation and / or approach we would lose and I would lose faith a bit as we weren't learning from mistakes.

Actually there was a subtle change to both and we looked stronger for it. 

More to come I hope but hopefully we can put those last two diabolical performances behind us now and finish strongly. 

Back to basics and what do you know - these players can play. Hopefully lesson learnt.

Brighton were bloody awful - esp the goalkeeper. These players might not be CL quality but are good to beat poor PL sides.

I was fearing the worst before the game, I've still got faith in Gerrard and I was happy when we bought him in but when I saw that he had dropped Buendia and bought in Ollie I really wasn't pleased.

Can't complain with that though, a win is a win and it will massively relieve the pressure off the manager and the players.

13 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Hope those hammering him pre game for his team selection can now acknowledge he got it right.

Some of the pre game comments were embarrassing. I learnt my lesson in the past - don't comment on the selection until after the game! :D 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

Get out of here with your sensible comments, logic and rational thought. This isn't the place for you. 

Does he realise he started Ings and Watkins together though?

That automatically disqualifies him from any credit...... Boooo!!!

Furthermore, Brighton are shite! 

👀

I don't think you can blame people for being critical of Gerrard and the team after the recent abysmal run of games.

I am happy to hold my hands up and say that I thought the lineup was poor, but it worked, and I am very happy about that and a much needed win.

There is really no need to score points if people have a different opinion. No matter about the difference of opinion, we all, I would hope, just want to see Aston Villa being successful.

• Like 1

Â