Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

4 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Players know if they play terrible today, they will get picked next game

er yep.

and thats the dilemma we have found ourselves in......because the alternatives are no more feasible than the status quo.

We are relying on playing our way out of this mess.

Edited by TRO

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

er yep.

and thats the dilemma we have found ourselves in......because the alternatives are no more feasible than the status quo.

Strange then that he drops a player who has probably been one of the better ones. 

16 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

MON in disguise ?

MON delivered an improved point total every year of his appointment. Find someone worst. 

Edited by Rightdm00
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

MON delivered an improved point total every year of his appointment. Find someone worst. 

Well in that case if Gerrard can start with a low points total this season, he will probably deliver the same by improving each year as well 😬

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, TRO said:

I am not ready to abandon a new manager after 15 games.

I have no option, but to trust him to buy right.

My worry is, it has to be players to blend.....noy JUST individual talent.

You've got options mate.

I know the timescale is short - but should we flounder for the rest of this season entrusting a rookie manager with a full rebuild would be borderline negligence imo.

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

A full rebuild would be borderline negligence.  2 or 3 quality players should be more than enough to challenge for Europe.

Exactly.

But if Stevie G stays - you can bet a lot of players will depart. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, hippo said:

Exactly.

But if Stevie G stays - you can bet a lot of players will depart. 

I think we'd be falling into a massive trap if we did that.

Gerrard spends 100m + trying to find 4-5 players who fit into his style. We have mediocre start to next season, he gets sacked and suddenly next manager comes in and wants to play 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 and we just spend another 18 months rinsing and repeating.

We have the players in squad now to play 4-3-3 and win some games.

Someone like Bissouma feels a bit of an MON signing to me. Yes he's a good player but he's not this world class DM people think he is and for 30-40m there's simply better out there in europe.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

I think we'd be falling into a massive trap if we did that.

Gerrard spends 100m + trying to find 4-5 players who fit into his style. We have mediocre start to next season, he gets sacked and suddenly next manager comes in and wants to play 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 and we just spend another 18 months rinsing and repeating.

We have the players in squad now to play 4-3-3 and win some games.

Someone like Bissouma feels a bit of an MON signing to me. Yes he's a good player but he's not this world class DM people think he is and for 30-40m there's simply better out there in europe.

Yep I agree.

But it depends on how invested Purslow and co are on project Stevie G. I hope I'm wrong but I feel they will have blind faith in Stevie G no matter what he does.

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Yep I agree.

But it depends on how invested Purslow and co are on project Stevie G. I hope I'm wrong but I feel they will have blind faith in Stevie G no matter what he does.

Get the feeling Purslow might be moved out end of the season.

If he goes then Gerrard is just the same as DS. Run of 3-4 straight defeats next season and he's probably going to get sacked.

It's important to say he can still turn it round this season and have a strong finish but team selections like today don't fill me with confidence we're going to win a game anytime soon.

Hopefully we can at least get 4 points from next 3 games otherwise he's on a much worse run than DS when he got sacked.

• Like 1

Â