Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Some of the absolute baffling nonsense I'm seeing on here. So because they don't like him, they hope he loses every game and gets sacked asap.

So basically, you are willing for the club to be relegated to pacify your petty feelings.

Bizarre!

Critical thinking isn't for everyone :)

• Like 1

Welcome to the Hot Seat Steven Gerrard. I can't say he was the first name that sprung to mind as our next manager when Deano was sacked, but he will get my support going forward. Every appointment is a high risk and I doubt the owners have gone into this decision blindly, they will have calculated how his character will fit in with our model and ambitions going forward. I don't get the same feeling as under Lerner when we were flip flopping between different types of managers, which left us in a massive mess.

• Like 4

Trip to Anfield a month from now. Be interesting to see where we are form-wise by then, and just how savvy a manager we may have. There's just no way anyone could be as sentimental and plain stupid as Houllier on his return.

One thing you have to say about STEVEN GERRARD is that he is incredibly brave taking up this poisoned chalice so soon into his managerial career. The very best of luck to him. it'll be interesting to see what he can bring to this team.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’ve just won 50 games on the trot but I didn’t get a look in.

A little context makes a huge difference

I agree, it is not just the 5 games. Its the performances over 2021. We are averaging 1.1 ppg since Jan1. If that continues the likelihood is that we will go down

from what I can tell most of the people here who hate Gerrard hate him because they hated him as a player when he was at Liverpool. Is this purely because he was very very good and better than any midfielder we have had in the premier league era? or am i missing something?

hating someone for being good and being a winner is bizarre to me.

plus, he isnt a player anymore. he is a manager, an ASTON VILLA manager! 

and to reiterate, I though he was borderline crazy taking on the unbelievably high profile, high pressure job at Rangers at the stage of his career that he did. and he proved me so wrong. 

• Like 1

If Steve Gerrard Gerrard gets sacked before the end of the season it means we’re in the relegation zone. So whatever first choice we had put that to the side. The time is to get behind him and the players. 

Welcome Steve Gerrard Gerrard p.s leave our hub caps alone (doesn’t matter how rich he is he’ll still get a buzz nicking one or two). 

• Like 1

The more I read about his Rangers stint, the more excited I am for the appointment.  There were noises yesterday that our players are excited too (although a few of them will be getting their arses kicked).

Welcome Steven Gerrard.  Just please, no shagging the 'This is Anfield' sign next month.

• Haha 1

Â