The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

We had poor runs in each of Dean's previous seasons so not like we've just got rid of him after his first run. Hasenhuttl also finished 2nd in Bundesliga and managed in CL so that's something DS would probably be a long way from doing if he went and managed abroad in near future.

If we've got Ings and want JWP again next summer then I don't think it's the worst shout to get in a manager who's proven at getting good form out of them and knows how to slot them into an 11.

I'm not sure it's worth explaining that to him, he has made his mind up and going to say it 3 times every page it looks like.

• Like 1

Just now, foreveryoung said:

You wouldn't be impressed, cause you were Smith through and through.

To say Nuno is no better than Smith when he got Wolves to Europe and only failed with them cause they lost Jiminez and Jota, is severely biased.

I wouldn't have Nuno, but he is a better manager than Smith. Tottenham don't wanna play for anyone, so don't count.

No I wouldn’t be impressed if they aren’t the right manager.  I love Smith but I understand football and moved on from managers quickly like Little and Gregory in the past.  As I’ve said, I fully supported McLeish despite not wanting him but once he signed I backed him 100% but my initial feelings were correct, I can have those same feelings about possible managers now without Smith bias.  You wanted Smith out so you are biased about anybody that isn’t Smith.  Yes, emotions are high at the moment but I don’t think my judgment on the possible candidates are far off the mark so far.

• Like 1

If it was Potter, I don't see Brighton letting him go until after we play them...  They have no reason to.  We would have appointed someone to be a caretaker manager until then, which leads me to believe it's someone else who will be announced on Monday or Tuesday.  

4 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Forget the talk - it will 100% be Steven Gerrard as Avfc rigo and Trent will confirm I sent them a pm Saturday morning at 7am  .Villa believe villa didn’t plan to release statement until tonight but Glasgow press got hold of story

Well I hope you're wrong 👍

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I'm not sure it's worth explaining that to him, he has made his mind up and going to say it 3 times every page it looks like.

3 times…I’m slacking, my run rate is much higher when commentating on poor decisions

12 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Gerrard is doing his chances no harm. He is currently playing against the mighty Ross County and has come back from 0-1 down to be winning 2-1 at home

I'd be shocked if Gerrard left Rangers middle season to go to even Liverpool to be honest.

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

Forget the talk - it will 100% be Steven Gerrard as Avfc rigo and Trent will confirm I sent them a pm Saturday morning at 7am  .I believe villa didn’t plan to release statement until tonight but Glasgow press got hold of story

If it will be Gerrard and he does well he will only be using us as a stop gap.

1 minute ago, Swerbs said:

The reassuring thing about this is, Smith took us to that next level. Now he needs to hand the baton over to somebody who can push us further. As gutting as it is to lose him, I quietly have faith the board will pull off the right candidate here.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Forget the talk - it will 100% be Steven Gerrard as Avfc rigo and Trent will confirm I sent them a pm Saturday morning at 7am  .I believe villa didn’t plan to release statement until tonight but Glasgow press got hold of story

iis that sierious