• Ings
    • Watkins
    • Bailey (Tuanzebe 45)
    • Ramsey (Buendía 68)
    • El Ghazi (Ings 77)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/10/21 at 22:59

11 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Defended Deano to the hilt last match, and blamed the players, ( Loss ), but I have to criticise him now, in equal measure.

Old concerns are again evident. Not proactive enough AT ALL, it was clear as day from 10 - 15 minutes in, or even sooner that it was NOT working, and it was only going one way.

A proactive manager takes emergency action, in an emergency, which it obviously was IMO.

Last season, we had the excuse of the bench being turd, however their are now more options.

I was properly shocked by that performance, but if i'm honest, I commented in the pre match thread, that sticking with that team and shape might have been a mistake.

Deano is simply too slow and/or timid with his decision making, and what's strange is, the way he currently manages, is NOT the way he talks about the game.

It seems that sometimes, the pressure at this level, can  turn managers into shells of their true selves.

He changed in second half |( Game was already gone ) and even though we conceded, it was 100 percent better, which indicates if he was less timid and more decisive, we could have had a better result.

Admittedly, some of our players do some absolute shite, but we are good enough to offsett it if we set up the right way and bring the right intensity.

Going forward, someone is going to have to be pissed off, play EITHER Ollie or Ings up top alone, or play Ollie as a wide forward, (If one has to be chosen, it needs to be Ings )

I'm extremely disappointed and hurting, that was horrendous.

Totally agree quite a shocking performance and we need to switch formation and players for the next fixtures, October hasn't been good to us this year , i want to see Bidace given a run now, worst ive seen cash play tbh, Bailey was by far our best player i think we can all agree on that, not one player played well other than him, we need to start looking at a couple players in Jan from now. 

Smith need not worry about playing 3 at the back again, it will become unsustainable with all the bookings we pick up.

Hourihane got subbed in the first half when Jokanovic saw his formation was wrong on Tuesday, Dean should have also been as brave and made a change before half-time

His subs were correct though.

Referee set the tone for his abysmal performance and licence for Arsenal to play the way they did by booking Watkins in the first minute for simply giving as good as he got.

Sky commentator was appalling, another clown that means the mute button gets hit next time.

Arsenal ‘supporters’ treatment of Martinez was extremely classless.

First half terrible, Arsenal very good, second half better but Arsenal dropped their intensity. Smith coming on and saying its nothing to do with the system and citing performances against Chelsea, Everton and Man U makes me think he could still stick with it. Another performance like that against west Ham his time is running out!

21 minutes ago, PaulC said:

First half terrible, Arsenal very good, second half better but Arsenal dropped their intensity. Smith coming on and saying its nothing to do with the system and citing performances against Chelsea, Everton and Man U makes me think he could still stick with it. Another performance like that against west Ham his time is running out!

He has not lost the away fans yet, However there were quite a few in direct criticism last night. He needs to be very careful

A bit OT (and a bit petty but meh !) but after hearing smth-rowe interviewed last night I am glad we didn't sign him.

He sounded like a right word removed with that fake jamaican accent that white "street wanna be rude boiz" adopt.

Does my head in. 

Fam. 

Edited by mottaloo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

I think the problems are twofold (well maybe more that that!)

1 he tries to fit Ollie and Ings in the same team, and we can all see this.

2 he also is trying to shoehorn Tuanzebe into the team, which is maybe why this whole 5-3-2 shitshow apppeared.

Let’s hope that the 5-3-2 is dead and buried now.

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

Smith coming on and saying its nothing to do with the system and citing performances against Chelsea, Everton and Man U makes me think he could still stick with it. Another performance like that against west Ham his time is running out!

I really hope that's not the case, because it will almost certainly be the moment all our managers have gone through over the last 15 years or so when falling on their sword. We have some really good players, and a system needs to be fixed upon that suits them, not the manager.

Further to my previous post I just want to add that playing two strikers against Arsenal was football suicide. It’s not working and leaves Villa continually outnumbered in midfield. Ings must be wondering what the **** he has come to.

If Smith wants to play both Watkins and Ings then Watkins must play wide left (as he did with Brentford) with Bailey on the other flank and Ings as the lone striker.

Much more solid and allows another body in midfield such as Sanson.

4 minutes ago, striker said:

Further to my previous post I just want to add that playing two strikers against Arsenal was football suicide. It’s not working and leaves Villa continually outnumbered in midfield. Ings must be wondering what the **** he has come to.

I think it's possible - but not if you then play Buendia in midfield - he's a support striker - play Nakamba if you like and be a solid 5-3-2 that gets the ball forward quickly and gets support from the full backs, but with Buendia it's almost a 5-2-3 and that's just not strong enough in the middle of the park.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Really poor. We look a really poor team right now; such a shame after the Utd win; we managed to lose without laying a glove really on 3 teams we’re wanting to compete with. Frustrated massively 😩

I think we outplayed Wolves for the majority of the game. Even their manager said we deserved to come away with something. But we’re in a result game so a loss is a loss, no matter how it comes. 

7 hours ago, mottaloo said:

A bit OT (and a bit petty but meh !) but after hearing smth-rowe interviewed last night I am glad we didn't sign him.

He sounded like a right word removed with that fake jamaican accent that white "street wanna be rude boiz" adopt.

Does my head in. 

Fam. 

Was he miming, where the hell that accent come from........................fam!

• Haha 1

On 23/10/2021 at 11:47, mottaloo said:

Does my head in. 

Fam. 

Yeah he seems a proper div. 

• Like 1

Â