• Ings
    • Watkins
    • Bailey (Tuanzebe 45)
    • Ramsey (Buendía 68)
    • El Ghazi (Ings 77)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/10/21 at 22:59

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

In heroin rehab, they say that before you get better, you have to reach your bottom, we have reached it. 

Really?

Considering where we were, are we at the bottom now?!

Not going to gloss it up, we have been shite recently and need to do something… but we are nowhere near “the bottom” - in relation to where we have been in recent times

• Like 3

The system was found out 3 weeks ago against Spurs. It was obvious in the first five minutes we were in trouble. 

Smith has got to carry the can for this one. He's there to make the tough decisions but seems to be setting up the entire team to avoid pissing off Ings or Watkins. 

Time to put on his big boy pants and tell the lot of them they earn their spot or can **** off. 

• Like 1

When playing with 3 at the back one of your CB's has got to be good enough to play in midfield. None of ours are. Hence when it's a shit show you can't change it without making any subs. 

But every player was poor today no running, no energy ,no strength it was diabolical. The 352 worked against Chelsea because they played 343 but they still beat us by 3.

We've conceded 3 goals too many times this season. That is a massive worry. It's either we're poor defensively or we're having too many lapses in concentration. I'd say it's both.

This is a big challenge for Deano now 3 defeats on the spin but it's the shambolic defending which needs to improve. 

At least we had more shots than them in the second half lol.

Last season we were starting games really fast but this season we've been very slow and lethargic. 

• Like 3

I'm still backing Smith 100%, but he needed to scrap 3-5-2 for this and his stubbornness is a concern, as well as the fact that the players were flat from the start. Some disinterested performances. No heart. No pride. Very concerning indeed.

Ings and Watkins doesn't work but he's trying to force it. Buendia as CAM is a black hole. If Sanson is fit he needs to play, and 3-5-2 must be scrapped for 4-3-3 with Ollie dropped. Ollie a shadow of himself. Targett needs to sit for Young. 

The owners will have expected much better tonight after last week's capitulation. Extra scrutiny on Smith until this gets turned around. If we keep losing or drawing while playing bad, real pressure will follow. 

We are in the weeds now.

Edited by maqroll
  • Thanks 1

We really didn't look right today with the 3 at the back. It felt too congested, and doesnt always seem like they know their responsibilities.

To me, simplistically, Tuanzebe isnt a good enough quality player to be starting games. When we signed him I felt that he is ok back up.

It takes Dean too long to see that something is not working or does he know and is just pig headed. When he did revert back to normal we made a game of it, but IMO took off the wrong striker. I think Ings has been the better since he came in. 

If we start the next game with 5 at the back then I will be calling for Dean to be replaced because it will mean he has lost the plot. So lets learn from it, move on and never try it again 

2 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

Really?

Considering where we were, are we at the bottom now?!

Not going to gloss it up, we have been shite recently and need to do something… but we are nowhere near “the bottom” - in relation to where we have been in recent times

Going backwards

I'm really annoyed but I think it was just really bad timing for bad performance. We've had bad results but apart from tonight, Watford ad Brentford I think we've done mostly ok. How many points you expected by now? I'd say 11. We have 10..

At this point last season, Ian Wright was comparing us to John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever (the cool kids on the block).

I think we can now rightly be compared to the highly regarded film Dumb and Dumber.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

All day a pen. It was just smart play that won it and we got out smarted

It was a dive, completely unnatural body movement, if he wanted to stay up then he would have done but he didn't, watch what he does with the non contact leg, has the chance to plant it and stay up but decides not to

Â