• Ings
    • Watkins
    • Bailey (Tuanzebe 45)
    • Ramsey (Buendía 68)
    • El Ghazi (Ings 77)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/10/21 at 22:59

This formation is not doing well for us. Everyone was appalling 1st half. 2nd a tiny bit better but Arsenal got their 3rd, we were done.

The whole game was total trash but heads up for West Ham a week Sunday.

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Going backwards

No doubt… Cant argue with that…

First half we were toothless… Like I said, we improved in the second half, but by then, we were done…

Bailey and Ramsey at least gave us some bite…

Arsenal fans being a prick to Emi because he didn’t want to stay warming their bench for another decade niggled me

• Like 3

Just now, villa4europe said:

It was a dive, completely unnatural body movement, if he wanted to stay up then he would have done but he didn't, watch what he does with the non contact leg, has the chance to plant it and stay up but decides not to

It was a pen all day long. Yes, it was totally engineered and that is why I said we were out smarted. Its not nice when it happens but it did.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Utter crap first half that should be the end of 3-5-2 

that deflected goal killed the game but we deserved nothing and made a very poor Arsenal team look like champions 

Watkins looks lost without Jack , Beundia looks like we got mugged for £35m and Targett and Cash have regressed to the point they both need to be replaced in Jan

Pleased for Ramsey getting goal , hopefully he will push on and get a few more now.

Going to be a long season , so far the summer recruitment looks poor but we still have January to redeem ourselves …

Seen plenty of shocking Villa performances over the years and hate to quote Gary Neville again but that was a “disturbing” performance. It seemed deeper than just a bad day at the office.

I’d be livid if I was Danny Ings. 

Edited by JB
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, thunderball said:

But it does keep the negative narrative alive. He has to improve and quickly. Nowehere near good enough, and again too slow to affect change (which should have occurred after 20 minutes)

I agree.

11 minutes ago, Jareth said:

In heroin rehab, they say that before you get better, you have to reach your bottom, we have reached it. 

I think Arsenal found our bottom and were very unkind to it. 

A shitshow of shitness.

Mings is not some supreme defender, he loses concentration frequently and the effect is normally major pressure invited on our goal keeper.

Axel is NOT the 3rd cb in a back 5, really and truly he is not.

Emi b, either play him right mid or just don't play him because he is dirt anywhere else.

Watkins ? He played better than this when I watched him play for exeter in the 2nd division. Another useless lack luster effort, something clearly is wrong with him. He has since I started watching him been full of effort even when things aren't going his way. He's walking around sulking and putting zero effort or energy into anything. 

Mcginn, he's either 100% or nothing. We got nothing. Back to his rubbish giving away the ball and easily being dispossessed.

Smith, literally clueless after 10 mibs, and by ghat stage I had only watched 4 minutes. Clearly needed to shift axel into holding midfield and switch to a back 4. Has he got shit in his eyes ? Blinding him of the obvious ?

Emi m 9 could do nothing thanks to the happless shower in front of him

Cash 5 no where near what his normal performance is like

Axel 3 nope, just a big fat nope in a back 5

Mings 5, mainly average with large smattering of shit thrown in

Konsa 6 can't play in a 5 with Axel full stop.

Targett 6, zero forward play and average defensive play, a couple goal saving tackles but missed a gaff he must have dome as many posted about it while I was posting.

Mcginn 3 dog dirt today

Luiz 6 got fouled several times and no free kicks and gets booked for quickly throwing the ball back to the keeper ?

Emi b 2 can't make a simple pass if his life depended on it tonight. Gave it away countless times and basically a waste of space.

Watkins 2 and that's for the shot in the 2nd half. Useless yet again tonight.

Ings 6, tried but got nothing thanks to the total useless shower of a team.

Bailey 8 did more in 45 mins than emi b, Watkins and mcginn combined, either he's pure magic or those 3 were gash or a mixture of both.

Ramsey 7 again put more in the mcginns 90 minutes and emi b combined and got his goal, pleased for him although it meant nothing points wise.

Smith 2 its like he's watching the game 45 minutes behind everyone else. Clueless tonight.

How to fk up 2 weekends on the trot, thanks Smith as both results are on you.

Forgot..  ref 0 

Worst homer sky 6 biased performance I have seen in many a year

Edited by brummybloke

1 minute ago, JB said:

I’d be livid if I was Danny Ings. 

I though he was taken off to save him from the shit show, Watkins needs something to get him going and being subbed off isn't it, if Watkins scores the chance which he should have done then the Ings sub would look better 

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Utter crap first half that should be the end of 3-5-2 

that deflected goal killed the game but we deserved nothing and made a very poor Arsenal team look like champions 

Watkins looks lost without Jack , Beundia looks like we got mugged for £35m and Targett and Cash have regressed to the point they both need to be replaced in Jan

Pleased for Ramsey getting goal , hopefully he will push on and get a few more now.

Going to be a long season , so far the summer recruitment looks poor but we still have January to redeem ourselves …

I’d be recalling KKH for sure. Hopefully a LB is in the post, and the CM we all knew we needed. 

Awful first half. Much better second half which was principally due to the change in formation. Will get better and hopefully never see three at the back again. Gave Smith a poor form the first time ever as thought he was tactically naive giving the midfield to Arsenal. Onwards and upwards UTV. 

1 minute ago, Django_Zooms said:

At least the first 11 for West Ham is clear now: Martinez, Cash, Konsa, Mings, Targett, Luiz, McGinn, Sanson, Bailey, El Ghazi, Ings (4213).  Most likely subs to come on: Ramsay, Buendia, Tuanzebe. Assuming no injuries.

I'd go for 433.

Most goals conceded away from home this season.

Â