The_Steve

brighton are a good team and potter is a good manager

they arent that good though, they're a long way off the top 6 barring one of them imploding and making a mess of their season, they're catching them in the same way that Leicester were catching them, then west ham were catching them, then it will be someone else catching them...the sky and PL sales pitch of the worlds most competitive league 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Billionaire owner with contingency plans, they don’t hold on to players that don’t want to be there. They are smart and good at what they are doing.

But who from the top 6 are they catching? Who's dropping out? 

Chelsea with the new owner and sacking tuchel are the biggest mess and they've just spent £250m and will take Potter if they want, you think Brighton are catching them? 

6 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Billionaire owner with contingency plans, they don’t hold on to players that don’t want to be there. They are smart and good at what they are doing.

Just lost their director of football and now their manager.

Very tough to replace them.

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

Just lost their director of football and now their manager.

Very tough to replace them.

Already segwayed the new DoF in for 4 months working alongside Ashworth. 

Potter will be tough to replace, granted, but I’d be very surprised if they haven’t already thought about and made a short list for the next replacement over the past 2 seasons. 

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

But who from the top 6 are they catching? Who's dropping out? 

Chelsea with the new owner and sacking tuchel are the biggest mess and they've just spent £250m and will take Potter if they want, you think Brighton are catching them? 

Chelsea, Man U, Arsenal, Spuds. Not saying soon, but after the next five seasons I reckon they will be pushing the top 6 regularly. 

I think Chelsea will throw money at it for the next few years hoping something sticks, but this could be the start of their downfall… mad to spend £250m in a summer window and then sack the manager after 6/7 games. 

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

That's why Brighton are fighting for europa and we're barely above relegation.

Interested who Brighton would look at if Potter goes as they'll obviously have succession plan in place.

This is where I thought a data driven modern Dof in Lange came in but so far….. 

7 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Chelsea, Man U, Arsenal, Spuds. Not saying soon, but after the next five seasons I reckon they will be pushing the top 6 regularly. 

I think Chelsea will throw money at it for the next few years hoping something sticks, but this could be the start of their downfall… mad to spend £250m in a summer window and then sack the manager after 6/7 games. 

I think you're looking at Brighton and not whats ahead of them

They arent catching those teams unless those teams royally **** up 

18 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

They seem to do most things right so it will be very interesting to see who they appoint if Potter goes to Chelsea.

Be sad watching them do what we should have done a year ago.

• Like 1

Ludicrous revisionism of Brighton - we only finished 6 points behind them with the utter terrible runs we had. They are very catchable. Brighton had a lot more draws than we did last season and we won one more game than they did. Not a knock on Potter - just some perspective. 

• Like 2

Â