The_Steve

They are on the beach early this year, if Potter is still there next season he will need to shake up that squad a lot. The likes of Solly March and Pascal Gross are not premier league players while Welbeck and Lallana are past their sell by dates. Need a new centre back and centre forward too. They do have a lot of good young players coming through though, Khadra at Blackburn has looked good too if a little bit lightweight.

Edited by Kuwabatake Sanjuro
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Couldn't even beat Norwich at home today, that's one point from their last seven games, and their next three fixtures are Arsenal, Spurs, and Man City all away from home.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

Couldn't even beat Norwich at home today, that's one point from their last seven games, and their next three fixtures are Arsenal, Spurs, and Man City all away from home.

Cost me 180 quid, missed a pen too lol

3A62EA37-205C-4B39-8CA8-3FD002FFB4F4.jpeg

They're lucky they had such a good start to the season or would be in a relegation battle now. Was looking like this might be their best season since promotion, but the way they're going doesn't look like they're going to do much better than the previous seasons if any better at all.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, useless said:

#PotterforRealMadrid 

Think they are doing alright for a club that didn’t have a stadium 12 years ago, will be a premiership club again next season again and will have their next crop of loanees coming back after a year of developing. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Brighton have done insane business!

60m for Cucurella, not even Man City entertained that, I think Chelsea are throwing money around and paying over the odds for players that might not even work out and I’m not really sure why or how this is going to affect them and the rest of the league going forward.

Hopefully it blows up on their new owners faces. 

Edited by Tommo_b

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Why not comparable ? Cause it doesn't fit an agenda? 

In the last 4 years we've spend roughly €460m on transfers.

In the last 6 they've spent about €350m.

Add in salaries and the difference is massive. Money is only part of it but the expectations at those clubs is very different. Our owners have openly talked about playing in Europe as a target. Maybe Brighton has too, no idea.

9 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

But it might cost £20m to get rid of him 

That's why Brighton are fighting for europa and we're barely above relegation.

Interested who Brighton would look at if Potter goes as they'll obviously have succession plan in place.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

you think chelsea are looking at potter because they're scared of brighton catching them?

like i said mythical...

Brighton are playing really really well currently. Have goals in them they simply haven't in previous three seasons. Before today's news I'd make them favourites for 7th. Chelsea currently have looked like the 6th best team (would certainly have Arsenal and probably Man. United with the new signings finishing above them) so Brighton would be in their range if things had stayed as they are.

• Like 1

Â