Match Thread: LC3: Chelsea v Villa

limpid

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He hasn't looked sharp in any game yet. He's had moments but I'm a little concerned at how slow and weak he looks. 

Something else we agree on 😉

Our record signing and he hasn’t looked 100% since he arrived. I know he hasn’t played for a few weeks but that’s on him. 

• Like 1

quite a few of my mates have been impressed with archer, they reckon he will score. I think we are being harsh on him here, he is taking up the right positions and has confidence, pace and movement. He will score in this game i reckon. his finishing could definitely be better this game, but based on his movement alone I would feel comfortable seeing him in the prem for us.

• Like 1

Just now, WHY said:

We were brilliant that half imo. Matched Chelsea all over the pitch and should be leading. Worried about Buendia, not been convinced by him at all in any games so far. He looks so slow and weak. Shame about Sanson, he looked at it, with a point to prove.

I'm not...  He is best on the right and poor in the center, Norwich fans told us this.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WHY said:

We were brilliant that half imo. Matched Chelsea all over the pitch and should be leading. Worried about Buendia, not been convinced by him at all in any games so far. He looks so slow and weak. Shame about Sanson, he looked at it, with a point to prove.

I think that's a bit strong.

Reece James has that corner of the pitch in his pocket. They're winning every 50-50 in the midfield. Archer doing his best but does look a little out of his league (understandable). We'd be winning if Ings or Watkins was up there.

We're playing very very well all things considered though, that I agree with.

5 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

What was Sanson's injury?

No clue. They were showing a replay when he went down so you couldn’t see what initially happened. Looked like exhaustion. He laid down, medical staff came over but didn’t check anything then he got up and walked into the tunnel. Of course, I think something similar happened when he injured his knee last year so hopefully he didn’t aggravate anything.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, romavillan said:

You don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire.

Maybe not when you 18-20 and running around like a dog with ten dicks. As you get older though, mantelpieces matter 

• Haha 1

Archer should have at least 1 goal, possibly 2. El ghazi hasn't exactly been very supportive bar the rebound fro. Archers 2nd great chance.

Archer needs to stay on another 20 minutes or so but I would be tempted to take el ghazi off, he isn't up for this game.

Traore has looked good, constantly fouled but still getting forwards.

Shame for sansom he was getting stuck in and yet another shove in the back, must be going on 6 or 7 which haven't been given as fouls.

We need to up our physicality in this half as they are kicking us all over the park.

Some decent football.

• Like 1

Just now, TreeVillan said:

I think he's been poor since he arrived in the prem. Not sure exactly how that improves Archer's performance tonight but there you go. 

What I'm suggesting is that compare archer vs werner and there's not been a lot to split them

But look at the level that they're both at, ones a kid making his 1st ever appearance vs a PL team the other is a full international 

Archer is where you would expect to be in his development 

Just now, KMitch said:

I'm not...  He is best on the right and poor in the center, Norwich fans told us this.

He’s also a little bit off the pace because of not playing for a while and off match fitness. He’s also working very hard off the ball

• Like 1

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

What happened?

Looked like he got a knock earlier, then the camera cut and he was lying back on the ground with his hands on his stomach then head, looked exasperated and a bit spaced. Got up after medical care and walked off gingerly, clapped fans.