January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

13 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Linked with Adrien Rabiot of Juventus and have sent scouts to the last Juve game apparently 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Him and his mom are trouble. Talented player but I'd leave him to Arsenal or Newcastle.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Linked with Adrien Rabiot of Juventus and have sent scouts to the last Juve game apparently 🤣🤣🤣🤣

His mother would kill Purslow, or Purslow would kill his mother, or get Lange and McPhee to do it.

High profile link again though, same as Pau, apparently SG wants a world class spine by the look on it.

On 30/11/2021 at 14:10, Awol said:

If we sign Kent instead of Alvarez I’ll be gutted. 

yep, if you're going to take a punt on a player being PL quality then alvarez should be front of that queue

even if he fails here we should still be able to recover most of the money selling him in europe

with our injuries and rona troubles and poor form i think uf we'd have signed him in the summer he would already be half way to settled in our team

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

17yr old highly rated centre back from Rangers linked (but Villareport chat crap!) 

yeah whichever guy runs that twitter site needs to be banned for stealing stories from elsewhere all the time.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

Xavi Simon’s being linked to rangers as contract expires end of season - only 18 and a prodigious talent whose destined for great things. Worth a cheeky Jan bid surely 

3.7 m Instagram followers.

Someone posted in another thread about our formation and style. Basically saying that when Carney came on yesterday it appeared that the two '10s' stayed narrow, even when we decided to expand our width in attack - they stayed narrow with the width coming from the Fullbacks.

It was probably in the Carney thread, because it highlighted how Carney could use Baileys injury to really stake a claim for the shirt. And how it would also be absolutely ideal for Aaron Ramsey too, it's basically the role he was born to play. Great for them.

But if that is going to be the case, for me it makes two more points

1. We need to buy a LB to push Targett all the way. He's been OK and a lot better the last couple games but he may be out now for a little while and Ashley Young is 36. 

Who other than Hickey could we go for? We need to be all over finding the next Andrew Robertson. I doubt they'd sell and I doubt he'd come but I'd be very intrigued by Tsimikas at Liverpool. He did brilliantly when filling in for Robertson earlier in the season.

2. Kaine Kesler Hayden is going to the very top under Gerrard. We'll be selling Guilbert this summer, we won't be signing Tuanzebe to cover RB and CB permanently. We'll be signing Gomez to push Mings and Konsa and Kesler Hayden will be eyeing Matty Cash's starting role all of next season.

• Like 1

Some have asked who we could look at for the left back position in order to provide competition for Targett.

A few of us have mentioned Aaron Hickey at Bologna including myself but an alternative closer to home could be Lee Buchanan at Derby?  Only 20 years of age and already made over 50 appearances for Derby. With the financial position at Derby right now, I don’t think we’d need to offer much to get him. Could be a great option if perhaps underwhelming.

Owen Wijndal at Ajax would be an interesting one but he certainly wouldn’t come cheap and doubt he’d move to us to be a back up man. Instant competition for Targett.

Can’t imagine Arsenal would consider selling Kieran Tierney but if there was a sniff in the air, I’m sure we’d be interested.  Price would certainly be very high though.