January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

4 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

The Summer window is going to be as much about who we can get rid of as it is who we sign. Our squad is a little bloated now and we won’t have much wiggle room with wages. 

We’ve spent a lot of money on Buendia, Bailey and Ings so I can’t see the club wanting to spend much money on another forward player as much as I think we need a new LW. 

The middle of the park is also becoming a little bit crowded even if the talent isn’t quite there. We have Chuk and Ramsey coming through too so we don’t want to block their path too much. Personally, I think both should be out on loan but hey ho. 

As a club, we need to be as good at selling players as we are signing them. Players like Traore, El Ghazi, Nakamba, Sanson etc. have a market value and we should be looking to move the squad players on to bring in players that can push the current starters to the bench. That’s how you improve. 

Right now, my biggest concern is we’ve wasted the Grealish money on Ings, Bailey and Buendia. A few might disagree but a bicycle kick, a cameo against Everton and a goal against Brentford aside, all three have been very poor so far this season. Fingers crossed they improve. 

I realise this is a January window discussion so I’d like to see us bring in Kent (who I rate), a central midfielder and possibly a left back if we can find one better than Targett for not too much money. 

some good points.

For me, over the Jan and summer period, we need to:

Out: Nakamba, El Ghazi, Trezeguet, Davis, Tuanzebe (end loan in summer).

In: Defensive Midfielder, Left Back, Central Defender.

Maybe In: Right Back, Midfielder, Winger.

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

some good points.

For me, over the Jan and summer period, we need to:

Out: Nakamba, El Ghazi, Trezeguet, Davis, Tuanzebe (end loan in summer).

In: Defensive Midfielder, Left Back, Central Defender.

Maybe In: Right Back, Midfielder, Winger.

I think we have seen how careless we were in the summer with recruitment and selling/ loaning. Only starting the season with 4 senior central midfielders plus Jacob and Carney to cover 3 midfield positions . 

Personally i would keep Nakamba as the back up to a new elite DM for one more season , with a view to giving Iroegbunam / Bogarde a pathway after that . 

But i agree totally with who you want to come in . 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, juanpabloangel18 said:

Can we get Bissouma please

Yeah, and then sign Mendy from City and Gylfi Sigurdsson while we're at it. Is Ched Evans still looking for a club? Adam Johnson anyone?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Yeah, and then sign Mendy from City and Gylfi Sigurdsson while we're at it. Is Ched Evans still looking for a club? Adam Johnson anyone?

Eh? Is Bissouma a rapist/ nonce then?

4 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Eh? Is Bissouma a rapist/ nonce then?

Well he was arrested on suspiscion of sexual assault. Investigation ongoing.

Maybe not as bad as a rapist / nonce but not good either.

Ohhhh....

Stay well clear then.

Don't think it was sexual assault? 

12 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Don't think it was sexual assault? 

Well that's what all the reports say. He's currently on bail while it is being investigated. I obviously have no idea if it's true but that is what is being investigated.

31 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Guilty before proven innocent?

This is one of the things I loathe about modern society.

Also, don't think there aren't women, who actually target footballers and celebrities, for a pay day and some notoriety.

23 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Was it definitely sexual assault? I would be very surprised that Brighton are still picking him if that’s the alleged offence 

I really want Bissouma but he's currently on bail for the alleged offence so it would be pretty daft to sign him before a verdict is reached.

A DM is badly needed in January though, someone who can release players like McGinn, Luiz and Ramsey further forward.

I would also look for a left back to replace / compete with Targett.

As someone else mentioned we need to look at selling some players in January or the Summer window. We are now on to the next stage of the rebuild, selling players for increased value and improving the quality of our first team.

1 hour ago, sparrow1988 said:

Ched Evans was cleared of all charges and allegations, however the poor man can’t get back the years he missed out on in prison 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2