January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

2 hours ago, villabromsgrove said:

It's a scripture in the book of Timothy and is often misquoted. The text is actually "the love of money is the root of all evil".

Money is necessary, but being totally driven by the desire to possess money is detrimental to the well being of society. I think that was part of the message that the Apostle Paul was trying to get across.

Here endeth today's sermon.😀 

And the very reason why beards are so important at The Villa. 

Seen the quite hipster shout of Florian Grillitsch from Hoffenheim being suggested by some folk on Twitter and I think it's quite a good idea once you get past the PTSD of a certain someone he has a similar surname to. He's an out-and-out 6 rather than some of the names that get thrown around that fall more so under the category of box-to-box types that put up good tackling numbers, and has also played a decent amount at centre back this season so can cover the two positions. He puts up excellent numbers in terms of being in possession, from his range of passing to carrying the ball, and isn't too shabby at the defensive side either (according to FBRef he's in the 99th percentile for interceptions and ball recoveries). 

His contract is up in the summer too so he could provide an option that ticks all kinds of boxes. 6'2" as well which helps 😉

• Haha 1

I wish we’d at least give Christian Eriksen a trial to see where he’s at fitness wise. I can’t imagine he’s too much behind where he was at before the Euros. Would be a great CM to pick up on a free 

• Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I wish we’d at least give Christian Eriksen a trial to see where he’s at fitness wise. I can’t imagine he’s too much behind where he was at before the Euros. Would be a great CM to pick up on a free 

Good luck getting his life insurance through the risk management folk. 

1 hour ago, Indigo said:

Seen the quite hipster shout of Florian Grillitsch from Hoffenheim being suggested by some folk on Twitter and I think it's quite a good idea once you get past the PTSD of a certain someone he has a similar surname to. He's an out-and-out 6 rather than some of the names that get thrown around that fall more so under the category of box-to-box types that put up good tackling numbers, and has also played a decent amount at centre back this season so can cover the two positions. He puts up excellent numbers in terms of being in possession, from his range of passing to carrying the ball, and isn't too shabby at the defensive side either (according to FBRef he's in the 99th percentile for interceptions and ball recoveries). 

His contract is up in the summer too so he could provide an option that ticks all kinds of boxes. 6'2" as well which helps 😉

Suuuuper, Super Flo,

suuuuper Super Flo,

Ssuuuper Super Flo,

Super Florian Grillitsch

• Haha 2

On 16/01/2022 at 14:27, thabucks said:

His defence seems very lackluster. In the 1st percentile for pressures, 3rd for tackles, 22nd for interceptions, 20th for aerials won and 21st for clearances. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

His defence seems very lackluster. In the 1st percentile for pressures, 3rd for tackles, 22nd for interceptions, 20th for aerials won and 21st for clearances. 

He is currently used more of a box to box CM than outright DM at present as that’s Endo’s job. He has all the qualities to be a top class DM. 

2 hours ago, Indigo said:

Clear foul at 6:25 lol. 

4 hours ago, Chindie said:

The problem with Zakaria isn't the transfer fee. I'd be pretty confident most of the Premier League could get an offer accepted for him this month. 

The problem is he's both good enough and in the right situation to pick his next club and pretty much pick how much they'll need to pay him. As a result, he's going to go to one of the usual money bag scum clubs on obscene wages.

We could get an offer accepted, and we might even meet the wages he'll want (maybe), but there's going to be a bunch of other names that'll pay him as much, if not more, and offer the flashy lights of the CL and higher profile status and more glamorous surroundings. As such it's a non-starter IMO, unfortunately.

Didn't we say the same about Coutinho?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, allani said:

Didn't we say the same about Coutinho?

We would have done, but they're different players and different situations.

Coutinho is a loan of a player that had struggled at a club that was keen to get rid of him, and we got him over others because his mate happens to be our manager.

Zakaria is at the end of a contract, extremely highly rated and wanted, and to my knowledge has no personal links to the club. He is in the position to name his price and will have a queue of teams of the super elite level waiting to offer it him.

Put it like this. Coutinho is arguably the biggest transfer coup in the club's history. Zakaria would eclipse it in the statement signings stake.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spoony said:

I suggested that a month or so ago and a few on VT had a bit of a bedwetting response

Edited by Peter Griffin
  • Like 1