January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

10 minutes ago, Jono62 said:

Not that I believe this, but it's good to know that Barca can still buy players even though they are deep in debt. 

One of EUFA’s favourite sons, 1.5 to 2 billion in debt. FFP problem? No just a couple of unpaid parking fines nothing to worry about there. You can sign who you like, we can make an example of someone like Aston Villa when they get into Europe. Sir Alex has mentioned that they’re getting a bit uppity and VAR won’t be able to hold them back forever. Believe us he’s tried. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

One of EUFA’s favourite sons, 1.5 to 2 billion in debt. FFP problem? No just a couple of unpaid parking fines nothing to worry about there. You can sign who you like, we can make an example of someone like Aston Villa when they get into Europe. Sir Alex has mentioned that they’re getting a bit uppity and VAR won’t be able to hold them back forever. Believe us he’s tried. 

I know you're jesting but that's how it feels. You only have to look at Derby, they are getting hit for 6 and rightly so, the scum12 play to a different line of fair and square to everyone else 

13 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I know you're jesting but that's how it feels. You only have to look at Derby, they are getting hit for 6 and rightly so, the scum12 play to a different line of fair and square to everyone else 

Deadly serious Phil, crooks the lot of them. Sadly there’s so much money involved there’s no longer any room for fairness. Who would have believed a few years ago that finishing 4th in the league was more important than winning the FA Cup?  When we were kids it was a toss up if you’d prefer to win the league or FA Cup. Now winning the league is virtually unattainable for clubs like us, Everton, even Spurs and Arsenal now. 

Sorry rant over, but you know what I mean. It’ll take something extraordinary to break into the party now. Perhaps NSWE can find the magic formula? 

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Like 3

Offer Fenerbache Trez & £££ for Attila Szalai . 

other options I’d take a look at would be: Gonçalo Inácio From sporting is destined for the top. 

Others have mentioned Maxence Lacroix,  another one off the conveyor belt of young French CB’s 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Deadly serious Phil, crooks the lot of them. Sadly there’s so much money involved there’s no longer any room for fairness. Who would have believed a few years ago that finishing 4th in the league was more important than winning the FA Cup?  When we were kids it was a toss up if you’d prefer to win the league or FA Cup. Now winning the league is virtually unattainable for clubs like us, Everton, even Spurs and Arsenal now. 

Sorry rant over, but you know what I mean. It’ll take something extraordinary to break into the party now. Perhaps NSWE can find the magic formula? 

The 9nly formula is to join the club. Do we want that.

I don't think you were ranting, it's how most of the footballing fandom feel. Those that do not are naive.

You couldn't be more right about the FA cup, not long ago it was the greatest club competition in, and the envy of, the world.

Can't remember who said it, probably somewhere in the Bible but money it the route of all evil.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

Firmino offered to Barca for 16.5m, apparently. (Daily Mail)

I'm confident SG could convince him to join, he'd be on big wages though.  Would signal the end for either Ings or Watkins wouldn't it?  three forwards for one position. 

19 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Offer Fenerbache Trez & £££ for Attila Szalai . 

other options I’d take a look at would be: Gonçalo Inácio From sporting is destined for the top. 

Others have mentioned Maxence Lacroix,  another one off the conveyor belt of young French CB’s 

I just about to say I think we will soon be linked to Szalai, just a hunch though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I'm confident SG could convince him to join, he'd be on big wages though.  Would signal the end for either Ings or Watkins wouldn't it?  three forwards for one position. 

Ings is more then good enough cover for Watkins, or vice-versa. Just not together. Two good players for every position is what we need and we have that up top.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

He doesn't score enough goals.

Keinan Davis with false teeth.

10 goals a season average since joining Liverpool he offers a lot more than goals though, but not worth going for currently we have other areas to strengthen.

• Like 1