January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

16 minutes ago, Creeper said:

Wouldn't shock me to see us go for Hamer at Coventry. Gerrard wanted him at Rangers and would be a cheap back up/rotation option, can't see Coventry wanting that much for him. Apparently Gerrard was at the recent Coventry game vs Birmingham in November too.

He’s 5’6. 🤮

5 hours ago, TRO said:

I have mixed feelings on that...

• I see the need for the here and now and the cynic in me say's naturally so will SG, he wants to make a mark.
  • I also see the need for younger players too, for maybe after SG.

If SG did up and go at any stage, we don't want to be left with too many ageing players....its all about getting the balance right.

Dean was happy to go with youth, A) Easier to handle/manage b) He thought he would be with us for the duration, so he thought he would prosper from that strategy.

Ron Atkinson, did the "here and now" thing, with little focus on youth and for a while, we hade a really good team, then he left.

Its all about getting the balance right....I think with Kerr Smith, Josh Feeney, and our other youth prodigies, we probably are. 

Given the investment already into the u23 squad, we should hopefully have a very good blend of talented youth and experience. 

And you're right about SG legging it, we don't want to be left with a squad older than god 

• Like 1

Leeds look pretty much safe now and have shown they can win without Phillips. I think if we want to sign then we can. Only thing that makes me doubt it is, and also the Bissouma link, is Purslow saying that Steven wants to sign players that are winners, presumably meaning players have won things.

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Leeds look pretty much safe now and have shown they can win without Phillips. I think if we want to sign then we can. Only thing that makes me doubt it is, and also the Bissouma link, is Purslow saying that Steven wants to sign players that are winners, presumably meaning players have won things.

He’s out injured until March 

If we wanted a player I don't think that would stop us from signing that player, especially one as highly rated KP. Indeed the fact that he's out injured until March would probably boost our chances of signing him.

5 minutes ago, useless said:

If we wanted a player I don't think that would stop us from signing that player, especially one as highly rated KP. Indeed the fact that he's out injured until March would probably boost our chances of signing him.

I don't agree tbh, why would we try and fill a position with another injured player. Plus Leeds can’t afford to sell anyone they have so many injured at the minute 

Leed can afford to sell, most of their players are coming back from injury, they're pretty much safe from relegation, and their fans have been expressing concerns if they show they can win without Phillips then they might cash in to reinvest in the squad.

If we really wanted Phillips, of course we'd sign him if we could despite his current injury, March isn't even that far away, and it's not as if we haven't got perfectly capable DM in Luiz that can play there in the meantime.

Owing to Purslow's comments I doubt we want Phillips anyway, will more likely be someone who's won a title in one of the top leagues, or a World Cup, or Champions League.

Given the level of the recent purchases we have made the only way to continue improvement is by buying players better than we have now. So a CDM far better than Nakamba (Zakaria?) plus a CD better than Mings (Botman a left footer?).

Looks good but would be wasted here. He likes to spray more than the Bloods and Crips. As wierd as it is for me to say that , our system needs a defensive midfielder to break up play and give it to the ballers. This lad is more James Ward Prowse