January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

10 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Purslow would make a terrific soap opera villain

Also, the camera work here is dreadful. I know Christian is a good looking man, but the camera operator really needs to keep both hands on the camera. 

He absolutely would 😂

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Purslow would make a terrific soap opera villain. 

Also, the camera work here is dreadful. I know Christian is a good looking man, but the camera operator really needs to keep both hands on the camera. 

I'm pretty sure he played Jack Hennety in this

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I know absolutely nothing about him other than he is called The Bodyguard and plays as many short passes as Kimmich. 28 years old ( nearly 30)

Great, another retiree on our hands. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He’s only 5.10 so this signing wouldn’t go down well for many. 

Well we continue to be short on signings and commercially this would dwarf other signings for exposure in Asia.  A little excited.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He’s only 5.10 so this signing wouldn’t go down well for many. 

Japanese Holding midfielder, I genuinely never knew the types existed!

Japanese Kante!

Good video here.

Apparently very good in the air despite his size etc.

Tireless worker, fearsome shot etc.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Wataru thinking about this?

There are a few fair people carping on about this. Personally think it’s a load of pollocks but could we could land him ?

• Sad 1

Just now, jacketspuds said:

Would imagine we will go all out to sign Bissouma. It just makes sense (in my head) based on whats happened in this window so far.

Listening to Purslow's interview was really encouraging.

I think so too.  It's on hold because of Afcon, but as soon as that's done we'll go all out to get him.  Whether we can get him over others remains to be seen but I wouldn't be surprised considering past signings.  

1 minute ago, Adman said:

I think so too.  It's on hold because of Afcon, but as soon as that's done we'll go all out to get him.  Whether we can get him over others remains to be seen but I wouldn't be surprised considering past signings.  

Transfer window will be closed by the time the AFCON finishes. Go back for him in the summer?

22 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Japanese Holding midfielder, I genuinely never knew the types existed!

Japanese Kante!

Good video here.

Apparently very good in the air despite his size etc.

Tireless worker, fearsome shot etc.

Wow, I know these videos pick the best bits but it honestly reminded me of Kante. Really engine 

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I know absolutely nothing about him other than he is called The Bodyguard and plays as many short passes as Kimmich. 28 years old ( nearly 30)

Would much prefer Orel Mangala from Stuttgart for DM https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/orel-mangala/profil/spieler/289592

Once he wins the ball from his opponents which he does with great regularity, he is then very well suited to bypassing instant pressure and then distributing it to his more forward-thinking teammates. This ability, especially from deep areas, or in the middle third of the pitch, is similar to Chelsea’s Mateo Kovacic who is well known for breaking through the opponent’s press thanks to his slick close control and and swift turn of pace. Orel Mangala holds very similar characteristics. 

So far this campaign, Mangala has managed to complete 2.7 dribbles per 90, and also cover 127.4 for progressive distances. He is an able dribbler, a trait which is hugely significant to Stuttgart’s style of play. He can turn defence into attack in an instant, it’s an invaluable trait to possess.

https://betweenthelines5638.wordpress.com/2021/01/10/orel-mangala-scout-report/