January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Don’t mind Luiz staying. Was thinking we would have to move him on to afford a new DM but maybe that might happen in the summer (unless he signs a new deal). 

I think I’d prefer to keep Luiz and get rid of Sanson instead. 

For the first time in about a month I agree with you! 😉

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Don’t mind Luiz staying. Was thinking we would have to move him on to afford a new DM but maybe that might happen in the summer (unless he signs a new deal). 

I think I’d prefer to keep Luiz and get rid of Sanson instead. 

1 minute ago, allani said:

For the first time in about a month I agree with you! 😉

is that one of the criteria for the coming of the 5 horsemen of the apocalypse?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, allani said:

I think we want another Luiz but who is more comfortable playing that deeper role.  So the man who plays the ball to the man who plays the ball to the man who lays the ball off for the goalscorer.  I think my journey has been almost identical to TRO.  I just feel that if we are building a team and a strategy to dominate the ball then the power / destroyer becomes less important.  Much better to have a guy who can get his foot on the ball in front of our back line to get control of the ball and let us re-determine the pace of the game.  Unfortunately when we are under pressure McGinn and Luiz tend to either get rid of the ball too quickly or get themselves isolated / stranded and lose possession.  But hey at the end of the day the only people who know what type of midfield player we are really chasing are not on this forum (or if they are they are not saying very much!!!).

I agree, I don't think we play with a natural DM, more a lone of three who will by nature have different abilities. My initial comment was more my surprise at TRO changing tack from a big, powerful guy to someone more like Doug.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

is that one of the criteria for the coming of the 5 horsemen of the apocalypse?

Agreeing with @Delphinho123 during a transfer window, particularly on deadline day is a bit like having a beer at lunchtime. You know that it's wrong but it feels oh so right.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1