January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

People need to make up their minds.

How can you both think " Targett is shite " but at the same time that " we're doing them a favour " ?

It's like politics....  You can simultaneously think Trump/Biden/Johnson/[Insert name here] is a bumbling moron on one hand and an evil genius masterminding the downfall of society on the other...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Because in the event of Digne getting injured we shouldn't need to rely on a 36yr old Ashley Young (who can play well there but not 90 mins regularly at this level, he's not a left back even if he can do it) when we have an alleged £20m backup left back in the squad. Whatever way we look at it, it weakens us.

We came into the window saying we wanted to increase competition at Leftback to get the most out of Targett or a worthwhile option if he needed to be dropped. We were opportunistic with Digne but whilst he is a big upgrade it doesn't improve our competition if we sell the backup.

It is short sighted Vs bringing in a younger backup who can improve our squad for the foreseeable (or even if we tried to bring through Chrisene, but no Cup games means that's unlikely).

All of that and all I said was it would be -1 on a fantastic window....

Young can play the odd game there if he has to IMO, that doesn't worry me. He was backup for Targett beforehand, he can be backup now.  

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

Everton are signing Dele Alli for £40m and sticking him on a 2.5 year deal.

If anyone thinks our window has been poor, just look at that shocker.

40m?, that must be a typo......you sure its not £0.4m?

• Haha 2

Just now, jacketspuds said:

He's going for free isn't he? And £10m in bonuses if he reaches certain milestones. Not that bad of a deal if it comes off for them.

I don't understand signing him and Van Der Beek in the same week though. Two under performing players in the same position although maybe they'll play one further back

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

The fact that Spurs have somehow got £40 million for Alli is just amazing. He's barely worth £15 million let alone £40 million. Credit for Spurs on that one. 

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Yeah here you go. Free transfer and £10m when he plays 20 games.

He's cup tied so can only play 18 games this season, so no fee till next year. Not a bad deal.

7 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

That doesn't answer any of the points in my post. 

Well, yeah, it does. If we can't rely on Ashley Young, then what's the point of having him in the squad at all? 

I, and quite clearly, the management team think that he'll do for backup, you don't. 

• Like 1