January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

10 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Alli is one of the worst players I've seen in recent years, he's looked just abysmal for Spurs and his hair is just as bad. 😄

He currently makes Barkley look decent

Bailey will be like a new signing for the second half of the season.

I’m pleased we didn’t bend over and give Brighton £40m-£50m for Bissouma.

Overall net spend for this season is -£2.5m according to Transfermarkt. If true, we have improved massively and will be in a very strong position from an FFP perspective in the summer.

• Like 4

Just now, jacketspuds said:

Overall net spend for this season is -£2.5m according to Transfermarkt. If true, we have improved massively and will be in a very strong position from an FFP perspective in the summer.

The Jack transfer was exactly what we needed.  We’re a better team now. 

• Like 3

9/10 for me, I'd have rang a Ambulance if on Jan 1st someone had said Emi signing a long deal, Coutinho loan and probably on a permanent in summer and Digne too! Then Olsen and Chambers to add to the squad.

A DM would have made it a 10/10. 

As Gerrard said when he came in... we take away the excuses. That can be applied to him now also, really looking forward to the rest of the season! UTV 

Edited by leighavfc
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

As close to 'we're done" as we'll get

I really love how straightforward the club currently is with fans . They dont tease us or ignore us and they dont make any false promises. They just get things done and when they are done they say so.

I like the honestly and professionalism of the CEO, owners, manager and players. Happy days all around.

For off window I would like to see a new deal for Douglas Luis and Carney Chukwuemeka.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

hopefully, once the Targett loan fee is factored in, we will be in profit with regard to transfers for the 21/22 season.

As you say, will be a big positive for us to have an effective net zero spend this year, to help offset the previous two years of huge spending, will hopefully let us go big in the summer.

• Like 1

Anyone disappointed needs to have a word with themselves - 2 years ago, we had Samatta, Drinkwater and Baston arrive at B6 (and Reina, who to be fair was decent)

This January we have signed Digne and Coutinho. 

We've come a long way baby! 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 3