January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

Yeah, it was Spurs wanted him and Baggies turned down a couple of bids and he said he would never play for them again and tried to force the deal thru. It ultimately failed and he went on strike and his career when down the drain since then

I would have sworn he actually drove down to White Hart Lane (or wherever they conduct their business) on deadline day.

48 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Depends what you class as desperate.

I don't think we will be a top side until we have a top class DCM

Earlier this month we hammered Man Utd for 150 minutes out of 180 without one....

1 minute ago, Mazrim said:

Yeah, famously tight our owners.

On this occasion that is how it feels. I know they arent and i am so grateful but twice in thenlast 2 windows we have allegedly put in bids of £25 mill for JWP and Bissouma respectively that have been rejected out of hand.  We all knew that the selling club wanted double that or in that area . A pointless exercise they were . I just don't know why we bothered

6 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

On this occasion that is how it feels. I know they arent and i am so grateful but twice in thenlast 2 windows we have allegedly put in bids of £25 mill for JWP and Bissouma respectively that have been rejected out of hand.  We all knew that the selling club wanted double that or in that area . A pointless exercise they were . I just don't know why we bothered

You don't ask you don't get.

1 minute ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Do you know for sure that's what we bid? How? We have to stick to our own valuations on players too. 25m isn't peanuts. JWP is a tidy player with a top set piece  he's not amazing. Bissouma, I reckon we bid more but the spent is taking the piss. There has to be a limit.

We spent 35m possibly 40m on Buendia. Bailey was about 30. Coutinhos wages plus fee if we decide to sign him another 30-40m. Digne big wages, another 25m. We're spending huge amounts in a short space of time.

I sometimes think people only look at deadline day as a barometer. We all want a top CDM to complete the picture, or the narratives picture. If it has to be Summer then so be it. We've still massively improved.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Beastmix said:

I would have sworn he actually drove down to White Hart Lane (or wherever they conduct their business) on deadline day.

Think it was qpr's Loftus Road...but it was embarrassing all the same

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, useless said:

Signing a top class DM now isn't going to make us a top four side this season, whether we sign one or not we're likely to finish around midtable. So it's something that can wait until the summer.

I hope all these DM's that are going to be available in the summer will come here.