January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

wonder if Brad Young is going out on loan?, seems a bit strange to keep him around as he is nowhere near the first team, and tbh getting a little old for the u23s quality wise.

Vassilev is similar, his contract runs out in the summer, so would have been good to get him off the books also with a loan.

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

wonder if Brad Young is going out on loan?, seems a bit strange to keep him around as he is nowhere near the first team, and tbh getting a little old for the u23s quality wise.

Vassilev is similar, his contract runs out in the summer, so would have been good to get him off the books also with a loan.

Wouldn't surprise me to see one of Ings or Watkins out come summer.

Then again,even in that scenario, the likes of Archer should be Heir Apparent.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I didn't realise he had returned from Miami. Looks like he will be leaving on a free in the summer. Its a pity we couldn't give him to Baggies or Blues to pick up his wages

• Like 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

This month was the month to sell Mings to Toon. If they were prepared to pay 25m for Wood we would have got a good price for Ings. But it is seriously good quality to have on the bench and maybe the cost is worth it to give us the time to develop Archer properly and get some good experience at lower level. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Replace with Suarez for a year :ph34r:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Ings to Newcastle or Watkins to Arsenal. Could see one of those happening.

Had we got a CDM in then it would have been the perfect window. So the although it isn't 10/10, it is at least an 8 (maybe even 9). Getting a DC in was a bigger priority, as we do at least have cover at CDM. Getting Coutinho & Digne in was inspired. Getting Martinez tied to a contract extention was gizz-worthy. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

Do we ever just sell someone is that impossible??????

Literally made a record sale in the summer?

Which has us sitting pretty now.

We could barely loan a player before.

At least this current crop get actual interest.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Any club scrabbling around to sign players in the last few hours are usually poorly run and desperate. We've been there before! 

Glad we got our important business done early. 

• Like 3