Villa Park - Atmosphere [merged]

MaVilla

14 hours ago, villanmac said:

We walk out to Escape by Craig Armstrong. I can't quite decide whether I like it or if its completely shit (it's a bit depressing)

Ahhh, yeah I remember now. @Hev it is screeching isn’t it!? Ha ha.

18 hours ago, villanmac said:

We walk out to Escape by Craig Armstrong. I can't quite decide whether I like it or if its completely shit (it's a bit depressing)

I’ve just listened to the whole tune and it’s 5.29 long and the bit they play when the teams come out is at 4.22 in.

I think it’s a decent tune in its own right but not for two football teams to walk out to and to pump the crowd up. It’s a bit like the Champions League music, too dramatic. 

I didn’t even know who/what it was until I saw your post and I guess that’s the same for the vast majority of fans. People remember the good catchy ones. 

I’m in the get rid of it camp. I’m not sure what to replace it with but at least Queen’s We will Rock You has a catchy beat that everyone can join in with. Especially when the teams are in the tunnel and they show the lion with its eyes pulsing to the beat and then they can ramp it up to we will rock you. It’s an easy one for the crowd to get involved with.

Edited by imavillan

6 minutes ago, imavillan said:

I’ve just listened to the whole tune and it’s 5.29 long and the bit they play when the teams come out is at 4.22 in.

I think it’s a decent tune in its own right but not for two football teams to walk out to and to pump the crowd up. It’s a bit like the Champions League music, too dramatic. 

I didn’t even know who/what it was until I saw your post and I guess that’s the same for the vast majority of fans. People remember the good catchy ones. 

I’m in the keys get rid of it camp. I’m not sure what to replace it with but at least Queen’s We will Rock You has a catchy beat that everyone can join in with. Especially when the teams are in the tunnel and they show the lion with its eyes pulsing to the beat and then they can ramp it up to we will rock you. It’s an easy one for the crowd to get involved with.

We Will Rock You just seems an Americanised anthem. Might be good at half time though for example if we are playing poorly

4 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Ahhh, yeah I remember now. @Hev it is screeching isn’t it!? Ha ha.

Yes awful. Anything but that. I always thought the intro to Assassing by Marillion might be good to come out to 

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Non-Villa fan thinks our home crowd is one of the best.

Pretty much all English home fans are crap.  There will be the odd moments or games but generally very muted.

I know Palace have a section that tries to instil the ultras sing throughout the game thing.

• Like 1

There were lots of moments of quiet and seemingly fewer player songs than last season.  Emi2 got the noise up though, and as crazy as it might be I think him starting on the bench contributed a lot to the subdued levels.

Everton barely made a noise until the last 5 minutes of injury time, not that their team gave them much to cheer about the other 90 minutes

10 minutes ago, a m ole said:

I can’t stop noticing the screeching now. Why don’t the players come out to Hi Ho Silver Lining or Crazy train or something with energy?

We've pretty much come out to escape since 2008 bar the odd year of Bells are ringing or Sabbath. Think Hells bells (AC/DC) was tried out for a few months aswell but also got ditched.

I've always thought ghost riders in the Sky would be an obvious one for us as Holte usually sings HEITS at some point in build up but we've never tried that.

Worst was when we were in the championship and we played that weird music Elphick wanted and then changed it to the darts music so there are loads of worse options than Escape which does sound stirring when we're playing a big game.

I think with regards atmosphere the best ones are simply evening games. Boro in play offs, Everton first season up and Leicester in cup easily our best atmospheres at VP in last 5 years and those were all evening games, weekend games are just very flat atmospheres.

Think ticket prices are playing a part here. People paying 35-40 quid are more interested in the whole premier league match experience than just signing themselves silly for 90 minutes.

Edited by VillaChris

We should channel our inner metal heads in honour of being the birthplace of heavy metal. Black Sabbath all the way. Entrance music should be War Pigs and the fans could sing something like... 

Villans gather in their masses,

To watch our lions kick your asses. 

Gerrard and Co give out instruction

To oversee your team's destruction. 

On our field your bodies burning. 

A Villa win is what we're yearning. 

We're sending hatred to your kind. 

Three points for Villa on our minds. 

Oh Lord yeah. 

1 hour ago, Pinebro said:

The atmoshphere was so magical 1st season after promotion.

Probably be a while until we'll get back to that.

Only for a few of the games. And  a third of the season was behind closed doors. Really it was only the night games like Everton and Watford that stand out for me.

• Like 2

Â