Villa Park - Atmosphere [merged]

MaVilla

2 hours ago, Villa87 said:

Sounded absolutely dead on TV. How did it feel in the ground?

Yeah pretty much.

Only have to go back a few years for midweek evening games when VP was electric from start to finish, this wasn't one of them.

11 hours ago, villa4europe said:

It's **** dreadful tonight, as bad as I've seen it, it's all burnley 

And it's not the performance, it was silent after Paul mcgrath was out the way, it was silent at 30 mins when we had 70% possession and 9 shots

You can blame the end of the season but it's still shit 

Atmosphere was poor but certainly wasn't all burnley , probably the worst support ive seen this season considering the point took them out of the bottom 3

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mattyvilla said:

Atmosphere was poor but certainly wasn't all burnley , probably the worst support ive seen this season considering the point took them out of the bottom 3

sky must have put the microphones next to them then cos on TV their fans were very vocal pretty much all game

• Like 1

I was amazed how quiet Burnley were considering they were away and desperate to survive. 

I actually didn't think we were too bad, but we're coming from a low bar. 

The football is so utterly dire, a d generally unsuccessful at home that it's hard to get motivated.  There just genuinely is not much to get excited about really. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

sky must have put the microphones next to them then cos on TV their fans were very vocal pretty much all game

That’s the impression that I got too but as you say it’s very dependent on the positioning of the microphones. And anyway it’s pretty impossible to tell how it really is from watching on tv. 

34 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Without doubt the sound is manipulated for TV , they only took up half of the allocation

• Like 1

We need to be faster on the ball and take more risks to get the crowd going.  When we play with pace it's exciting the crowd responds.  Last few games we are just playing it around the back nothing to play for and not wanting to get injured before your summer holiday.  Human nature I guess but boring for fans.

43 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

We need to be faster on the ball and take more risks to get the crowd going.  When we play with pace it's exciting the crowd responds.  Last few games we are just playing it around the back nothing to play for and not wanting to get injured before your summer holiday.  Human nature I guess but boring for fans.

I think that's part of the problem, passing the ball 20 to 40 times and retaining it for 3 minutes whilst trying to move the other teams pieces around and look for openings and mistakes is about to win man City the league

Villa fans don't want it 

The opening half hour of last night where we completely dominated the game, had 75% possession, had a couple of chances and Pope made at least 1 good save from mcginn was somehow boring because the possession came in the middle 3rd 

Last night we played good football for long spells but that's not enough, good football isn't necessarily exciting football and exciting football isn't necessarily good as Leeds goal difference shows 

• Like 1

On 20/05/2022 at 07:56, sparrow1988 said:

Also, can fans please stop shouting shoooot when the ball drops to someone 35 yards out? Especially when it's Cash.

Yeah particularly matey boy behind me.

"Shhhhhhhooot"

"Oh ffs why you shooting from there. Keep the ball!!!"

He's mental.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 20/05/2022 at 10:17, spiezels said:

There’s some proper miserable old bastards at VP ent there. 

Maybe these ticket price rises might see a few if them not renew and we get some fresh blood in. 

there's some proper miserable young ones too.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’ve only been to one game abroad and that was the San Siro derby. I found the pre game atmosphere, colour, flags etc was unbelievable. But during the game the fans don’t really react to what’s happening on the pitch which leads to a weird vibe.  I find this when watching TV as well. I reckon it’s why the premier league atmospheres always sound so good.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’ve only been to one game abroad and that was the San Siro derby. I found the pre game atmosphere, colour, flags etc was unbelievable. But during the game the fans don’t really react to what’s happening on the pitch which leads to a weird vibe.  I find this when watching TV as well. I reckon it’s why the premier league atmospheres always sound so good.  

Football across the world is different than UK. It's common for many European fans to chant and sing regardless of what's going on in the game. The drums and songs keep on going regardless of a refs decision, a goal, a near hit.

If you were standing outside VP and not watched the game you could easily get an idea of what's going on. That's often impossible abroad. 

I once heard an anecdote of a British fan going to see Legia Warsaw with his polish friend and he was surprised that the signing and jumping continued once Legia conceded a goal.

The Brit asked the Legia fan about this, and the Legia fan was surprised to find out they actually conceded a goal. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think its the opposite though, rarely in games abroad do you have fans get on the players back so easy unless they are in an absolute nasty run of form. at Villa Park the first pass backwards leads to groans and then it goes on for the rest of the game

Ultras usually sing for the 90 minutes whether winning or losing

Â