Villa Park - Atmosphere [merged]

MaVilla

Get rid of that godawful screeching that we come out to. I am surprised it's lasted this long to be honest. Bring back Paranoid or even Thunderburds and We will Rock You like we used to have a few years ago anything but what we use now 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Hev said:

Get rid of that godawful screeching that we come out to. I am surprised it's lasted this long to be honest. Bring back Paranoid or even Thunderburds and We will Rock You like we used to have a few years ago anything but what we use now 

What’s the screeching? I can’t remember what we walk out to nowadays. It certainly isn’t Paranoid… I loved that 😆 

I loved Paranoid too. I dont know what the current rubbish is - just sounds like a load of screeching to me . I did look it up once but cant remember. All i know is it's awful.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I googled Crazy Train to see what is was - I never knew that the song they play down at Villa Park was by Ozzy Osbourne.

You learn something new every day.

Why I was confused about the Paranoid chat, it’s not like it’s too far removed from the Ozzy solo work!

4 hours ago, villanmac said:

We walk out to Escape by Craig Armstrong. I can't quite decide whether I like it or if its completely shit (it's a bit depressing)

Ah yeah that one. I hate it. Feels like an ‘epic’ Britains Got Talent song they play when 20 old women dance around twirling something but it’s great because they all have diabetes. Sounds even worse on the tinny speakers.

I like the horns that announce the entrance though, what are they from?

Edited by a m ole

4 hours ago, villanmac said:

We walk out to Escape by Craig Armstrong. I can't quite decide whether I like it or if its completely shit (it's a bit depressing)

Yeah I don’t mind that but hate the foghorn bit that precedes it.

We play Crazy Train just before that though with a highlight montage on the screen which is cool.

8 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm all for avoiding 80's hair metal altogether if that's possible. 

Was there once a season when players got to pick or have I imagined that?

Yes. Tommy Elphick did Fanfare for the Common Man by ELP which was quite an eclectic choice.  Years ago in the MON years I think we did  all these things that i’ve done by the Killers as the last track before the players went onto the pitch.

9 hours ago, a m ole said:

Ah yeah that one. I hate it. Feels like an ‘epic’ Britains Got Talent song they play when 20 old women dance around twirling something but it’s great because they all have diabetes. Sounds even worse on the tinny speakers.

I like the horns that announce the entrance though, what are they from?

Yeah I think I agree it's not the epic they are going for.

I don't know where the horns are from but have been there since the early 2000s, one of the things I vividly remember as a kid. It used to start with the Thunderbirds 5,4,3,2,1 and then the horns.

19 hours ago, Hev said:

It’s just a bloody noise, not proper music at all. Kids these days, what do they listen to? Lads need to get their bloody  hair cut as well, you can’t tell them from the girls these days. 😀

9 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Yeah I don’t mind that but hate the foghorn bit that precedes it.

We play Crazy Train just before that though with a highlight montage on the screen which is cool.

Yeah I love that vid. Again a bit specific to be remembering, but for a fair period they used to play this over the montage vid which was kinda random but went well with it I thought. It built up really well with the clips. Particularly the old footage, FA cup win etc.  Love crazy train though.

Â