Villa Park - Atmosphere [merged]

MaVilla

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think its the opposite though, rarely in games abroad do you have fans get on the players back so easy unless they are in an absolute nasty run of form. at Villa Park the first pass backwards leads to groans and then it goes on for the rest of the game

Ultras usually sing for the 90 minutes whether winning or losing

True but it’s normally just a pocket of fans singing and banging a drum all game. It doesn't to gets the players going.  I know what you mean about the moans and groans and it’s really frustrating. But when theres a real roar and fans get behind the players you can visibly see the reaction from players and opposition players struggle. It starts to influence the ref too. 

Anfield in Europe is unbelievable for this.   

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Problem is, I think a lot of it is people taking it all for granted. Whenever I am lucky enough to get tickets, you’ll hear me singing and chanting from start to finish because I just feel so lucky to get to be there. People who get to go every week probably just take it all for granted as it’s “what they know”. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Villatillidie95 said:

we need another song tbh, what other oldie can we knick a tune from? Elvis, Rod Stewart? We've done Oasis and Neil Diamond already, would like to here some suggestions from you guys :)

Has to be ABBA - Mamma Mia ‘Aston Villa, here we go again’ 😆

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Xela said:

This is probably more apt for some of our fanbase

I’m not even from Birmingham but I have always felt that, as a Birmingham team, we should play Birmingham music. Why do we play Man City’s Liam Gallagher at Villa Park???

• Like 1

Â