Villa Park - Atmosphere [merged]

MaVilla

44 minutes ago, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

I’ve been watching a lot of football recently and one thing that’s stood out for me is how amazing the atmosphere is at teams like Everton and Leeds. They’ve had performances that are terrible and yet their fans have really pulled irons out of the fire support wise. Leeds fans didnt stop singing even at 3-0 down against Chelsea. We have a lot of work to do atmosphere wise! 

leeds were pretty quiet when we were there this season 🙂 

Villa park atmosphere is awful to be honest. We saw some palace fans before the game and they said we have been the best away fans at selhurst. We swiftly warned them not to expect any of that today. Must be the easiest ground to play at in the league 

49 minutes ago, grobs said:

Villa park atmosphere is awful to be honest. We saw some palace fans before the game and they said we have been the best away fans at selhurst. We swiftly warned them not to expect any of that today. Must be the easiest ground to play at in the league 

Whilst the home fans were quiet today, so were palace. On tv they are the loudest fans by a country mile but their away following was piss poor today, didnt sell out and not singing constantly at all like the holmesdale end do

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I'll say it again. Hard to have an atmosphere when the team gives you absolutely nothing. The dullest football you can ever imagine . It's percentage ball. It's defensive shape and freestyle ball. It's zero patterns. Zero control of the game. Zero tempo 

It's absolute dross. I couldn't give a flying **** about PPG. My season ticket has gone up 140 quid and I get less bang for my buck than I did in the Championship.

4 times out of 5 this season at home is been absolute garbage.

I think you are on to something. The atmosphere improved so much once Ramsey and Buendía came on and we began to retain the ball and pass it nicely around the midfield. Hard to get an atmosphere in first 70mins when it seems we can’t wait to hand over possession and Mings’ 10th long ball towards Watkins has failed.

• Like 1

Who generates the atmosphere is it the fans is it the players. I went to a galatasaray game and between the first whistle and the last it was hostile for the opposition and officials and they supported their team no matter what. After the game they were moaning like any other fan base but during the game it was incredible.

I want Villa Park to be the same between minute 1 n 90 I want Villa Park to be the most horrible away day for any team and fan. Unconditional support during the game then onto VT to vent lol.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Who generates the atmosphere is it the fans is it the players. I went to a galatasaray game and between the first whistle and the last it was hostile for the opposition and officials and they supported their team no matter what. After the game they were moaning like any other fan base but during the game it was incredible.

I want Villa Park to be the same between minute 1 n 90 I want Villa Park to be the most horrible away day for any team and fan. Unconditional support during the game then onto VT to vent lol.

Its a mix of both isnt it. I genuinely from talking to Villa fans that people believe in the manager to get behind him. Bruce for example was useless but first season and a half the atmosphere was much better than now as people believed he might get us up 

I dont see an Everton 2019 atmosphere under this management team

On 15/05/2022 at 18:24, Brumstopdogs said:

Interesting observations...

Martinez was very very desperate to talk to Mings about something...anyone any good at lip reading from the side?!

Spink went straight to Mings as if they were best mates.

Loads of the champions of Europe completely ignored Gerrard, but started shaking hands with the owners standing next to him.

19 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Interesting observations...

Martinez was very very desperate to talk to Mings about something...anyone any good at lip reading from the side?!

Spink went straight to Mings as if they were best mates.

Loads of the champions of Europe completely ignored Gerrard, but started shaking hands with the owners standing next to him.

I'd file those as just observations to be honest.

It's **** dreadful tonight, as bad as I've seen it, it's all burnley 

And it's not the performance, it was silent after Paul mcgrath was out the way, it was silent at 30 mins when we had 70% possession and 9 shots

You can blame the end of the season but it's still shit 

I'm convinced it doesnt help that we no longer have any kind of rivalry or local derby. Even the games leading up to the blues games were good atmospheres and often the ones that followed after the big wins.

It's like that Nakamba song about him hating blues. He hasn't got a clue who blues are Haha!

1 hour ago, Villa87 said:

Sounded absolutely dead on TV. How did it feel in the ground?

It was flat as a witch’s tits to be honest. To be fair, we had nothing to play for and it was one of Burnley’s biggest games of the season.

Much as I dislike Leeds and want them relegated, at least games against them have an edge, and fire the crowd up. 

• Like 2

Â