Villa Park - Atmosphere [merged]

MaVilla

12 hours ago, Davkaus said:

That Everton game was unreal, and we're very unlikely to better it in a standard league game unless it's a match that qualifies us for Europe. It was the pure **** relief at finally being back and winning in the top flight. You're not going to get that passion 19 home games a year. It was one of the very best atmospheres I've ever seen at VP in my life.

Villa fan as manager and Villa fan as the captain.

Unless we actually get to the point of pushing for Europe I can't see the atmosphere reaching those levels in the near future.

The music through the tannoy system was so loud again on Saturday it was utterly ridiculous.  You can't even hear yourself sing, trying to whip up an atmosphere is pretty impossible with the music blaring out.

Edited by claretman

9 hours ago, Pinebro said:

Villa fan as manager and Villa fan as the captain.

Unless we actually get to the point of pushing for Europe I can't see the atmosphere reaching those levels in the near future.

Have we had a Friday night game since?  It makes for an amazing atmosphere because everyone is pissed up and letting loose after a tough week at work. Nothing to do with fan and manager as captain. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

40 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Have we had a Friday night game since?  It makes for an amazing atmosphere because everyone is pissed up and letting loose after a tough week at work. Nothing to do with fan and manager as captain. 

We got demolished by Leeds and Bamford on a Friday night. Also narrowly lost to United on New Year's day on a Friday. Same season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

We got demolished by Leeds and Bamford on a Friday night. Also narrowly lost to United on New Year's day on a Friday. Same season.

With a crowd?  Doesn’t matter what day it is with closed ground.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

With a crowd?

Can't remember if United was with a crowd but Leeds no. Don't think there's been anything at VP since. We did however losento Arsenal and Southampton away on Fridays, which sealed Dean Smith's fate.

42 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Can't remember if United was with a crowd but Leeds no. Don't think there's been anything at VP since. We did however losento Arsenal and Southampton away on Fridays, which sealed Dean Smith's fate.

Yep. Friday nights are notoriously hard for away teams. Atmosphere can be electric. I think it’s alcohol related personally. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

That was one of the best atmospheres we’ve had in a long time. It’s that old adage does effort come from the crowd or does the crowd entice the effort. Either way, if we can be like that every week I’m sure teams won’t want to come here.

Edited by mikeyp102
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

That was one of the best atmospheres we’ve had in a long time. It’s that old adage does effort come from the crowd or does the crows entice the effort. Either way, if we can be like that every week I’m sure teams won’t want to come here.

It's funny how we can be a better more vocal crowd when we're the underdog.

Its games where we are evenly matched or expected to win that we're often quiet.

• Like 1

Â