Caleb Chukwuemeka

MaVilla

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Well I suppose we sign them and the plan is either plan a) they develop into first team players for Aston Villa or b) they don't and are sold to other clubs for a profit which is then available to reinvest into the playing squad. 

I’m sure that’s pretty much the plan. Perhaps we’re only picking him out individually because of the obvious link with his brother. That and he’s a year or two older than our usual target group. 

3 hours ago, CVByrne said:

I don't get why we've signed a player who turns 20 in January and has score one goal from his 22 gales for Northampton. Just feels like a player who won't really make it here and we'll sell on in a few years. I think this is part of the strategy to make revenue like Liverpool City and Chelsea do well

Players can have later starts to their careers.

Not saying they're the same type of player (obvs), but Drogba was scoring 7 in 30 odd games for Le Mans at the age of 21 in his first professional season.  He followed that up with 0 goals in 11 games (injury hit season), then 8 in 32 (across Le Mans and Guingamp).  He was 24 years old when he hit 17 in 34 for them and got his move to Marseille.

The rest, as they say, is history.  

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Czarnikjak said:

YouTube player highlights should be banned. I just watched Alexander Tonevs  clip and he still looks amazing after all these years.

Woah! Sign him up before it's too late. 

Will be interesting to see what our academy and no doubt first team coaches too can do with a not-quite-as-young-as-most-of-our-other-U23s young lad but one who has already had his stint playing MEN'S FOOTBALL!

Could turn out to be a great move. Could be a great think for Carney. Almost certainly won't lose anything. Look forward to seeing what he can do.

14 hours ago, StewieGriffin said:

Which of Davis or Wesley does this push out then?

I would hope Davis, but isn't he injured and not due back for about 3 months. I would like to see Wes get a loan for the season. I think there is a good player inside Wes 

19 hours ago, pete101 said:

From the clips I've seen he looks physically ready for senior football, if he is anywhere near as good as his brother , he should straight away be ahead of them 2 .

Miles away from it yet I think. He was only 5th/6th choice at Northampton currently (according to a post I saw on their messageboard)

Obviously got potential though! 

10 hours ago, CVByrne said:

I don't get why we've signed a player who turns 20 in January and has score one goal from his 22 gales for Northampton. Just feels like a player who won't really make it here and we'll sell on in a few years. I think this is part of the strategy to make revenue like Liverpool City and Chelsea do well

I think he only started 4 games? Highly rated though with Spuds and Rangers after him apparently. 

Like you say, if it doesn't go to plan we can hopefully sell him for £10m to an Eddie Howe managed team! 

15 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Must have breezed through those matches...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Must have breezed through those matches...

On 16/08/2021 at 22:19, useless said:

With Barry and Young having gone out on loan and Archer presumably likely to follow them, we don't have much in the way of strikers in our academy at the moment, Shakpoke and Moore probably the only two that you'd call out and out strikers and even with those two the former is injured and the latter has only just been promoted from the U16s, so I think to begin with we're likely to use him in the U23s, even if he's older than the age that we'd normally use at that level.

Can always use him in the EFL Cup and EFL Trophy as well.

Is Campton-Sturridge fit?

Campton-Sturridge was back in training over the summer, but whether we're going to use him in the U23s I don't know, he's a similar age to Caleb but different circumstances.

Edited by useless

Â