Caleb Chukwuemeka

MaVilla

I wonder if he and Archer might have a chance of being called up to one of England age squads on Friday, the only strikers in the U20s in the last international break were Joseph Gelhardt and Sam Greenwood from Leeds. Archer might have a chance of getting into the U21 squad.

Do we think Caleb will make the grade? If yes how many other strikers from our youth ranks will make it also? We have a number to look at: Cameron Archer, Jaden Philogene-Bidace, Louie Barrie, Brad Young so DS has some hard decisions  to make including what to do with Wesley and Davis. Exiting times and we haven’t mentioned midfield yet!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, PerryBarrPet said:

Do we think Caleb will make the grade? If yes how many other strikers from our youth ranks will make it also? We have a number to look at: Cameron Archer, Jaden Philogene-Bidace, Louie Barrie, Brad Young so DS has some hard decisions  to make including what to do with Wesley and Davis. Exiting times and we haven’t mentioned midfield yet!

I don't see Barry being an out and out striker, more of a " Wide forward/ Winger ".

Bidace also a winger.

Really liked the look of Young when i saw him, and his attitude and confidence.

What's also great, is that they are all different types of players, but are being trained to be adaptable across the whole front line and interchanging.

Caleb might just end up being what Davis/Wesley were/are meant to be?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I don't see Barry being an out and out striker, more of a " Wide forward/ Winger ".

Bidace also a winger.

Really liked the look of Young when i saw him, and his attitude and confidence.

What's also great, is that they are all different types of players, but are being trained to be adaptable across the whole front line and interchanging.

Caleb might just end up being what Davis/Wesley were/are meant to be?

Good question. What is the difference, in modern football, between striker, winger or wide forward? In the old days Chris Waddle was a real “winger” but not many only hug the side-line putting in crosses these days. Mo Salah starts wide - in his own half - but ends up in the box shooting at goal, so a wide forward or striker? I think Leon Bailey is more like this and hopefully so will Barry and Phil-Bidace. I think the optimum is to have three forwards who can interchange at will.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2021 at 19:46, PerryBarrPet said:

I can tell him if that will help. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Hoping the rest of team giphy will be back on here during the transfer window.

I'm sure they will be back out of hibernation. You never see them during the season but as soon as the transfer windows open, they're like the crabs on Christmas Island. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

I'm sure they will be back out of hibernation. You never see them during the season but as soon as the transfer windows open, they're like the crabs on Christmas Island. 

Hope so, just adds to the fun, only if they are quality GIFs mind.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

He'll do well I think, he's physically ready and looks a confident boy. It'll be worth keeping an eye on him.

If he goes well, I think Livingstone fans might be in for a treat.

Don't envy him on the choice of climate, going to be **** brass monkeys up there! Only seen him once to be honest, if he's technically as good as his brother but more of a physical forward then that's quite the combination. 

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

Don't envy him on the choice of climate, going to be **** brass monkeys up there! Only seen him once to be honest, if he's technically as good as his brother but more of a physical forward then that's quite the combination. 

Not technically as good as his brother but definitely more suited to succeed at that level than Carney, be interesting to see what the end game is with Caleb.

Â