Caleb Chukwuemeka

MaVilla

I think he's mostly played out wide for Northampton's first team, also the stat of one goal and one assist in twenty-two games last season is slightly misleading, in terms of minutes on the pitch he played less than six games worth of football. I thought he looked good when came on, showed some good skill, shame he couldn't quite reach that cross at the end.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, useless said:

I think he's mostly played out wide for Northampton's first team, also the stat of one goal and one assist in twenty-two games last season is slightly misleading, in terms of minutes on the pitch he played less than six games worth of football. I thought he looked good when came on, showed some good skill, shame he couldn't quite reach that cross at the end.

Needed to lead with his head there I think. 

i found it interesting that he made his debut so quickly after his transfer, i know he's a little older than most of our other youth players, but it does seem like he got a little fast tracked to that debut, which is great tbh.

He did look an interesting and tricky player, and he's a big lad for 19, looks like he has a lot of facets to his game.

Its going to be interesting to watch his development (alongside Archer), especially if Wesley does go out on loan, either Archer or Caleb might feature on the bench in the PL a few times?

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i found it interesting that he made his debut so quickly after his transfer, i know he's a little older than most of our other youth players, but it does seem like he got a little fast tracked to that debut, which is great tbh.

He did look an interesting and tricky player, and he's a big lad for 19, looks like he has a lot of facets to his game.

Its going to be interesting to watch his development (alongside Archer), especially if Wesley does go out on loan, either Archer or Caleb might feature on the bench in the PL a few times?

To be fair with Davis' injury record I think at least one of these two will be on the bench every game, unless we bring in another forward, which is very unlikely.

What I love about our youth players is they can all play in so many roles.

Carney - CAM, CM, LW

JPB - LW, RW, CF

Barry - LW, ST

Young- LW, ST

A Ramsey - LW, CAM

Now caleb who can play in any of the 4 attacking roles.

Once these lot progress through we will be so versatile. 

22 hours ago, guyavfc said:

Looked so tricky, I wonder if he can be moulded into another position if finishing isn’t his thing. I say that just from his scoring stats at Northampton.

I think he only started 4 or so of those games. 

A bit like Davis's record for us - about 75% are sub appearances 

• 3 weeks later...
Â