Caleb Chukwuemeka

MaVilla

12 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Which of Davis or Wesley does this push out then?

From the clips I've seen he looks physically ready for senior football, if he is anywhere near as good as his brother , he should straight away be ahead of them 2 .

With Barry and Young having gone out on loan and Archer presumably likely to follow them, we don't have much in the way of strikers in our academy at the moment, Shakpoke and Moore probably the only two that you'd call out and out strikers and even with those two the former is injured and the latter has only just been promoted from the U16s, so I think to begin with we're likely to use him in the U23s, even if he's older than the age that we'd normally use at that level.

Can always use him in the EFL Cup and EFL Trophy as well.

5 hours ago, Czarnikjak said:

I see him being loaned out. He wasn't even a starter for Northampton in Ligue 2 last season, made 20 appearneaced off the bench and only 4 starts. For 19 year old it's not that impressive...I wonder if we bought him to keep Carney happy?

Northampton is in France?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, useless said:

With Barry and Young having gone out on loan and Archer presumably likely to follow them, we don't have much in the way of strikers in our academy at the moment, Shakpoke and Moore probably the only two that you'd call out and out strikers and even with those two the former is injured and the latter has only just been promoted from the U16s, so I think to begin with we're likely to use him in the U23s, even if he's older than the age that we'd normally use at that level.

Can always use him in the EFL Cup and EFL Trophy as well.

Just now, messi11 said:

Surely we will loan him out

I cant see him being in the u23s, he's 19 years old, 20 in Jan, he wont develop any more playing kids football?

I think he really needs to be loaned out or around the first team squad?, anything else will be hindering a lad who is nearly 20?

I don't get why we've signed a player who turns 20 in January and has score one goal from his 22 gales for Northampton. Just feels like a player who won't really make it here and we'll sell on in a few years. I think this is part of the strategy to make revenue like Liverpool City and Chelsea do well

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I don't get why we've signed a player who turns 20 in January and has score one goal from his 22 gales for Northampton. Just feels like a player who won't really make it here and we'll sell on in a few years. I think this is part of the strategy to make revenue like Liverpool City and Chelsea do well

I can see your argument but Spurs we’re in for him too. Perhaps they had the same intensions? I’m pretty sure of the 30+ development players we’ve signed in the last 12 months, there will be a fair few that ultimately will end up moving on. I doubt we’d sign a player purely with the intention of making a few quid in a year or two, when there will be plenty from that group and probably more that we’ll keep bringing in.

He perhaps could be viewed as a late developer with the ability to step up?

11 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I can see your argument but Spurs we’re in for him too. Perhaps they had the same intensions? I’m pretty sure of the 30+ development players we’ve signed in the last 12 months, there will be a fair few that ultimately will end up moving on. I doubt we’d sign a player purely with the intention of making a few quid in a year or two, when there will be plenty from that group and probably more that we’ll keep bringing in.

He perhaps could be viewed as a late developer with the ability to step up?

Well I suppose we sign them and the plan is either plan a) they develop into first team players for Aston Villa or b) they don't and are sold to other clubs for a profit which is then available to reinvest into the playing squad. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

Well I suppose we sign them and the plan is either plan a) they develop into first team players for Aston Villa or b) they don't and are sold to other clubs for a profit which is then available to reinvest into the playing squad. 

I am sure either way, his value just took an instant jump.

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

1. Shorter term Keep Carney happy 

2. Longer term make small profit on him  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

I don't get why we've signed a player who turns 20 in January and has score one goal from his 22 gales for Northampton. Just feels like a player who won't really make it here and we'll sell on in a few years. I think this is part of the strategy to make revenue like Liverpool City and Chelsea do well

Our technical team probably sees attributes and deeper stats that lead them to believe he has future potential. The top talents at age 19 are not always the same ones at age 24.

.....that or we're doing Carney's agent a favor 😛

He's still very young, younger than Jacob Ramsey, Tyreik Wright, Cameron Archer, and ony a few days older than Philogene-Bidace. We've obviously signed him because we see some promise in his game, looking at his highlights despite playing a different position, it seems he has a similar playing style to his younger brother, so can see why we'd think it's something we can develop, he was also linked to Brugge, Newcastle, Rangers and Spurs so they must have thought something similar.

17 minutes ago, useless said:

He's still very young, younger than Jacob Ramsey, Tyreik Wright, Cameron Archer, and ony a few days older than Philogene-Bidace. We've obviously signed him because we see some promise in his game, looking at his highlights despite playing a different position, it seems he has a similar playing style to his younger brother, so can see why we'd think it's something we can develop, he was also linked to Brugge, Newcastle, Rangers and Spurs so they must have thought something similar.

As Harry Kane showed in the lower leagues, just because you aren't prolific in your initial role/spell in the adult game, it doesn't mean you can't become a well rounded striker. 

• Like 1

Â