Caleb Chukwuemeka

MaVilla

I think Caleb is technically good, despite his size his physicallity isn't his biggest strength, although combined with his skill. and pace that's going to help a lot. Main difference between him and Carney is that Caleb seems a little more raw as a player. He's too good for U23 football so this loan should be a good move for him.

Also I'm guessing Caleb's move makes it less likely that Archer will go out on loan, as if that happens that will leave with either Barry or Young as third choice first team striker, that's presuming they stay, I imagine at least one of them will have to, otherwise U23s won't have striker, unless Shakpoke, Sewell, Lutz, or Moore are ready to step up.

Edited by useless

Will keep an eye on him up here at Livi..........interesting to see how he copes with the plastic pitches, physicality and of course the weather. Will certainly get game time.

Lets hope he does really well and gets back to Villa............unlike Jake Doyle-Hayes who eventually ended up with us.😉

Good luck to him.

Edited by newhavenhibby
  • Like 4

On the bench tonight, hopefully he gets some game time, would be nice to see some of these loan players in the second half of the season make a big impression, after what happen in the first half of the season.

3 minutes ago, useless said:

He's come on as a sub with just over twenty minutes to go. They're winning 2-0.

Just turned it on to see him, worth it already to hear a Scottish commentator try say his name 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Felt a little sorry for him watching that game, before he came on Livingston were playing some good attacking football that looked like it would have been ideal for him, but then they seemed to just randomly change and it became all very fast and frantic and they kept losing possession unlike earlier when they were more composed, presumably they were worried about a Dundee comback so were trying to play it safe, although I think they would have been just carrying on as they were. As a result he couldn't really get into the game, gave the ball away a few times, when the opposition closed him down really quickly, and wasted a good crossing chance towards the end htting it out of play, anyone watching him for the first time might not realize how good he can be based on that, but I'm sure will be in for a surprise when he gets into his rhythm.

Edited by useless
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Greenfly said:

I know this isn't in any way relevant, but their stadium is called the Tony Macaroni Arena and that made me chuckle.

I think it's our new loan policy. Aaron Ramsey went to Cheltenham who play at The Jonny Rocks stadium

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, May-Z said:

Is Tony Macaroni a real person?

He sounds like he should be best mates with Mr Tumble.

I think he was in the Sopranos. 

Matindale ( Livi manager) thought he needed more time to get his mindset / fitness a wee bit better and that the game up here has been a bit of a shock to him. He thought he needs to work at being a little more aggressive / stronger when in possession. Martindale says he will coach this into him.

I watched some of it and thought he was doing OK, as did their fans vote online who thought he was good.  

Think he will do just fine and both games so far have been on their cr*p artificial pitch...........lets see what he can do in the wide open spaces at Ibrox and Celtic Park.

• Thanks 2

Â