Match Thread: Watford v Villa

limpid

Just now, briny_ear said:

Only following this by text on the BBC sports app (tried AVFC commentary but it was hard to get any sense of what is going on),

It seems we are dominating possession yet being overrun in defence.

Can anyone explain the paradox?

Nah, if you watched it we are getting dominated in possession. No control, terrible passing, players stumbling around. It’s pretty ugly.

• Sad 1

Only following this by text on the BBC sports app (tried AVFC commentary but it was hard to get any sense of what is going on),

faffing about and then giving possession away through an awful pass and getting caught on the counter

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If i'm honest.... I think Dean would be gone before it's allowed to continue like this.

Still way too early though.

I'm worried for him if it don't change from this. 100m, first game or not, it's a mess out there!

Yes mate. Dominating until we give the ball away and they are counter attacking. We look poor in attack and poor in defense. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, jacketspuds said:

That has been the way since we returned to the Premier League.

But we had a player whose trademark was to slow play down and draw the opposition out. We don't have him anymore, so playing at this pace is just suicide 

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If i'm honest.... I think Dean would be gone before it's allowed to continue like this.

Still way too early though.

Yeah, I do fear for Deano. Hopefully the players get their acts together, and this is just down to poor disrupted pre-season. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, briny_ear said:

Sarr is making Targett look like Taylor. Nobody seems to be helping him at all, either.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, briny_ear said:

Yeah McGinn and Young are lazy sites who don't track back.