Match Thread: Watford v Villa

limpid

Just now, DaveAV1 said:

You fear for Deano after 45 minutes of the season? Amazing. We’re not playing well at all, I won’t go through the obvious problems today or the lead up to this match but I’m so pleased our fans don’t make any of the decisions that matter.

Wow talk about a daft post. Have I called for Deano to be sacked. No I have not, merely saying that a continuation of this and he will be under pressure. Let’s be honest the owners are not going to be happy with a lower league position after ploughing millions into the squad. The manager is the one who carries the can That is purely common sense. Deano is off to a bad start, and I don’t think he will get the leeway he has in previous seasons if that continues for say 7-8 matches.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

He isn't a cam 

People need to get their heads around it 

this x10,000 it's doing my head in.

Only on VillaTalk do we keep signing quality players and then trying to work out what positions we can play them in, instead of their natural position.

Thank god Targett is off. Give him a breather and against Newcastle I'm sure he will be fine. Hopefully we see us control the flow of the game and impose ourselves on Watford. Lets make use of the possession we have to create danger to the opposing team UTV

Just now, jacketspuds said:

But we can’t control a game from midfield. We have the forward players to really hurt teams, but we can’t get of or keep the ball in midfield. I do agree that we look extremely rusty as well.

The tragedy is.....its not a shock to many of us.

We over rate some of our players in midfield.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, macandally said:

They are not “running the show”, their game plan has worked better than ours

Not sure if it’s a millennial thing where people go into meltdown at the slightest thing.  Get a grip

Well theyve scored 2 - missed perhaps another 3 chances - We had one scuffed shot on target. A Watford 3rd is much more likely than a villa goal.