Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

I think this is a very astute signing by us. Regardless of what other fans are trying to make of it. Top quality proven striker and we didn't break the bank. Well bloody done Villa!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hobbit Feet said:

Louie Barry?

How the hell did I forget about him?

It's a shame he's on loan because that would've been perfect.

Edited by Greenfly

1 hour ago, osmark86 said:

I think this is a very astute signing by us. Regardless of what other fans are trying to make of it. Top quality proven striker and we didn't break the bank. Well bloody done Villa!

This just proves most fans have no idea what they're talking about. Anyone who knows anything about the PL rates Ings as a striker.

My Wolves fan friend insists he's washed up and overrated and I have no idea how he's arrived at that conclusion.

• Like 4

I can understand fans saying we paid too much. Because we did. 

But I’m almost certain we paid what we did to get the signing done quickly and quite possibly make it somehow confidential. 

I trust our recruitment at the moment so if they’re sure then I’m on board

I don’t think there’s any argument against Ings’ ability though. He’s proven quality at this level. He’s only 1 year older than Harry Kane and yeah he’s had injuries, but he’s only missed 11 games in 2 seasons. Grealish missed more than that last season alone

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I can understand fans saying we paid too much. Because we did. 

But I’m almost certain we paid what we did to get the signing done quickly and quite possibly make it somehow confidential. 

I don’t think there’s any argument against Ings’ ability though. He’s proven quality at this level. He’s only 1 year older than Harry Kane and yeah he’s had injuries, but he’s only missed 11 games in 2 seasons. Grealish missed more than that last season alone

I think we also paid a.bit over the odds to get it through under the nose of potential other buyers, especially spurs if Kane went.

34 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I think we also paid a.bit over the odds to get it through under the nose of potential other buyers, especially spurs if Kane went.

Exactly, hence the confidentiality, the likes of which I can't ever remember seeing.

I also think it was on the condition that Grealish left. I think if Grealish signs that contract, Ings doesn't arrive. I don't think it's a coincidence that as soon as grealish was off the Ings signing was announced.

We may have paid extra for that too. As in if you don't listen to any other bids until August 7th the fee will be £5m more

Something like that.

In a way it's refreshing to see us not afraid to pay slightly over the odds to get the players we want, and get them early

• Like 1

In the Premier League Danny Ings has overperformed his expected goals, as in the number of goals an average player would score from wherever the shot is taken, by 10 (TEN) goals over the past 2 seasons. 

23.94 xG vs 34 actual goals. 

That is absolutely incredible, comparable to Messi. Before those 2 seasons he was kinda ordinary in this regard, but if something has clicked for him he has become one of the most clinical strikers on the planet.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

In the Premier League Danny Ings has overperformed his expected goals, as in the number of goals an average player would score from wherever the shot is taken, by 10 (TEN) goals over the past 2 seasons. 

23.94 xG vs 34 actual goals. 

That is absolutely incredible, comparable to Messi. Before those 2 seasons he was kinda ordinary in this regard, but if something has clicked for him he has become one of the most clinical strikers on the planet.

Albert Einstein would love VT at times.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, joshharris12 said:

Is it true ings is the second most prolific player in prem last two seasons?

No idea, but he's gonna be first after this season. 

Edited by vreitti

8 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Leo Tolstoy loved some of your and Nick's theses on the Tammy thread

That's it Kiwi just for that prepare for another 50 pages today from us, in fact you may find these pages mixed within other threads somehow 🤣

Edited by Dave-R

On 10/08/2021 at 11:58, osmark86 said:

I cannot like this post enough. It’s a great piece of business. The day he signed for us, the Guardian had a column saying Man City should sign him! It’s very exciting going forward. 

Â